1.6 Update LIKELY Today!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It is AFTER 6:00 EST, right now it is 6:11. Aikar is pretty much slamming his head on the keyboard trying to code fast enough for 1.6
  2. will anything other than 1.6.2 be new with this update (any new special items or enraged mobs?)
  3. After they release 1.6.2, there will eventually be.
  4. I wonder if you could ride a horse around town after the update...
  5. You can, and you can teleport while riding it as well.
  6. You can, but you can't dismount on other people's reses.
  7. That means someone can eggify your horse! oh no!
  8. Nope, horses are registered so that only the owner can eggify/damage it.
  9. * Aikars computer crashes and have to start from scratch again. *
    deathconn and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. The Dev server is already 1.6.2
  11. Imagine if you have to tame the horse in order to egg it.
  12. Hmm, i dunno, but this useful time-conversion-thingy shows me that 6 pm EST was only a matter of a minute ago. EDST, however, was just over an hour ago...
  13. With this update, my biggest concern is if people that get loads of name tags and names so many monsters that no more are allowed to spawn due to mob capacity for the SMP server. Also, named mobs cannot despawn. But if you have more players that are futher away from each other(Up to 8 chunks away), the capacities for all mobs will be higher.

KaboPC made a video about mob spawning based on what he found in the code; here's a link to his video if you're interested:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-8u6Phxv6E
  14. Not even stage is 1.6 yet.
  15. name tags are only found in dungeons if I have my facts right so theres not going to be too many named mobs
  16. EDT is what we're in. EDT in the summer and EST during the winter. Everyone forgets that we're in Daylight Time so it's EDT. 6pm EDT was an hour ago. http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. and nether fortresses that arent explored
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.