1.4: Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I agree. Creativity is bad. No creativity for anyone!!! /sarcasm
  2. lol just sayin
  3. I can change my minecraft,jar, so I can play 1.4, or 1.3 when I want... :D
  4. Maybe limit bats in town then. I want bats in town. Bats are our friends. :)
    Tigerace75 and mba2012 like this.
  5. you could always have them (not breed) in town just like squids can't spawn on their own (aka breed) .... and you can only get them in the wild or shop - or something
    penfoldex likes this.
  6. Yes
  7. i guess that's good about the selling to shop deleting the name. one thing tho if people still want to buy / sell named tools they could still do it the way people have to sell items that have to many enchants for signs. so it will still be possible.

as for the invisibility potions im glad that your working on a work around as if they was added as they are now it would make it easier for people to cause trouble for other players.
    Nole972 and mba2012 like this.
  8. I Was The Original Captain Capital
  9. i do have one question. will you do a mass update to all servers at once or do a roll out and do a server at a time kinda like how you do the usual server reset?
  10. It will most likely be all at once. All of the servers will just "reboot" at once. And when they come back online - they will be Magically 1.4.
  11. the one at a time deal that justin did was mostly due to tooling.

I've wrote a more extensive set of tools for myself that enables me to just do them all in parallel (Justin doesn't use Linux so doesn't work for him though... :( )
    We will most likely update SMP1 first, do some testing for an hour, then update rest.

We're pretty much updated now, just waiting on some more bukkit fixes... Hopefully will update tonight and be ready for Halloween!

With timing, I will not be able to get the Vault fix in, in time. So do not put renamed items into vault.

Hopefully by end of week we can have a new and improved vault though!
    L0tad, penfoldex, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  12. I am officially ready for 1.4.2 - Pyramid ready for triple beacons on my res, Huge nether fortress dug out for skulls.
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. Mobs stay inside of people's residences if spawned there :rolleyes:

And also, bats hide during the day.
  14. great to hear aikar. im all ready for 1.4 now. cant wait got so much stuff to update on my res. mainly corner stairs and item frames. going to be difficult to get wild bases updated tho. think most of us will be wither hunting to get some beacons in the bases.
  15. Aikar what hapen if we try to spawn the witer in town?
  16. Lol, don't worry. you're a moderator, strike those pesky anvils with your banhammer :cool:
  17. So when r we updatin?
  18. Hopefully tonight according to Aikar
  19. No invisibly potions, there goes all my safe, non grefing, not trapping prank ideas :(
  20. Nothing. The graphics glitch and makes 3 of the soulsand pieces "glitch" and look like they arnt there, but relogging(or walking far away then back) will make them show again.

So you can make the wither spawn shape in town and it will just sit there.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.