1.3 Woes

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I replaced it all no problem though. Not to worry. But that does stink for the people that can't afford to replace "lost" items.
  2. Much appreciated too. Thank you!!! :D :) <3
  3. Lost 2 silk axes, and 3 pistons. The lava is EVERYWHERE!
  4. Lol, just saying, but thats not much compared to a lot of people.
    topdawg657 likes this.
  5. once all the glitches are fixed i will give out 5 stacks of pistons to everyone who says they lost pistons ok

5 reg pistons and 5 sticky pistons... stacks. that way everyone will be happy and we can all have a huge piston party! detroit style baybeeee!!!!
    topdawg657 likes this.
  6. Hopefully the fix will have a line of code that replaces the bugged blocks with their original piston type
  7. yeah if everyone gets their pistons back then no need for me to pass out any... but if they don't then i have some to give to everyone

in fact, depending on what everyone lost i'll do my best to give it out if i have it... within reason!
  8. new glitch: now my doors won't close. i have doors activated by wood pressure plates. they are perm-opened.

i'm just gonna log off for awhile and let the server simmer down because it's getting kinda rowdy lol
  9. Yeah Herbrin3 did say in game to disable them. Like 10 mins ago.
  10. And I certainly wouldn't build any sticky piston sliding doors with valuable blocks (I lost lapis and diamond blocks attched to pistons)
  11. and my cobble generator is clogged with obsidian (pistons disapeared)
  12. Lol, its alot to me D:
  13. I think the issue is more deeply rooted than a simple CB++ fix. A lot of these issues occurred prior to the 1.3 update. Of course, they were not nearly as abundant. It is my personal belief that something else is going on.

I have no idea what this is or could be, as I'm not privy to the information. What I have noticed is that, whatever the problem is, does not seem to occur continually and does not share the same symptoms when it occurs.

As far as CB++ is concerned, it was my understanding that it was geared towards large servers. Item grouping, chunk loading, max mob counts, etc. probably have little effect when there are <80 players on the entire empire. Especially if the SMP's are on separate hardware.

Over the course of the day, I've checked about 30 other servers. Not a lot of fun, but I was curious. Lots of swearing and chat that made no sense.... but that is another story.

In any case, the bukkit servers definitely showed lag but nowhere near the degree that we are experiencing lately. My criteria for bukkit servers required a minimum of 50 users logged on, because that is what I expect for EMC (again - not sure of hardware.) About half of the servers I checked were 100% vanilla. I could not find many with over 50 users, but all of them had at least 30, so close. These servers had no lag at all. Not a single broken block reappeared, I didn't take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to share the results of my testing.
    SephirothWS likes this.
  14. The furnace is also not working :/
  15. I think the piston thing is just a symptom of the way pistons vanish momentarily in 1.3 when retracting. You can see this in the wild - drop a piston next to a pressure plate or switch and watch it move in and out. The underlying issue seems to be more that some part of the game clock isn't ticking correctly in town - pistons vanish, furnaces don't smelt, doors don't close.

Even with only a handful of players online the game is in slow motion in town; this is mostly masked in multiplayer as the client still runs at normal speed, but if you watch animals move around you can see it.
  16. smp3 is saying
    Failed to verify username! [internal error javanet.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net]
  17. Only problems I've experienced (probably due to serious lag on smp7) is trying to eat (lol) - takes for ages to register; and sound lag by up to nearly 2 secs and I've noticed that the polling time (?) has been up to 15+K msecs
  18. for some reason i cant login to any empireminecraft server it say failed to verify username
  19. This message shows up when i want to join SMP1
    Failed to verify username! [internal error javanet.UnknownHostException: session.minecraft.net]
    Bloody_NeoXist likes this.
  20. i've been losing a lot of rupees cause of the update
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.