1.3 pre-release

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Twitch1, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I THINK I heard they were going to add that in 1.4 now.
  2. Ah, thanks. They must be pretty scared of coding it, they've been putting it off for ages.
  3. Do you know how to do that on Mac?
  4. Rotatable logs! :)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. here is a video about it
  6. Well I am pretty sure they havent done the modding api yet because the time space between 1.2.5 and 1.3 has been the longest gap between any update. Including the api now with 1.3 would have meant an even longer wait for 1.3. So really, I think they are just being considerate towards the minecraft community.
  7. Yeah, I'm sure it's for the best. I was jokingly exaggerating (if that phrase makes sense, which it doesn't).
  8. Alright, the MOD API was pushed off to 1.4 because they have laid the groundwork necessary in the code of 1.3.
    You can run your Single Player World on a LAN connection. This will make modding both Single and Multi-player much simpler because they are one in the same. If you check out Mojang.com and Minecraftforum.net when you want some information, you will be all set.. :)

As for the rest of the questions asked:
    I have not messed around with the books.

To find your minecraft folder on a Mac, open your Finder, select your Home folder. Click Library and then Application Support. Inside you will find the folder named Minecraft. The end. :)

Take your flame wars about Windows vs. OSX vs. Linux elsewhere.
    I love my iMac but I tolerate Win7 on Boot Camp to play my PC Games that are not Mac compatible. I never use the internet on that partition so it helps me to avoid viruses. I never open emails from strangers and I never download things from publishers I do not recognize. I am never first to test out a new MOD for Minecraft because I wait for others to verify if it is infected or not. :)
    jkjkjk182 and will_iamd like this.
  9. Thanks. I'll remember Mojang/MinecraftForums for future reference, I checked the pre-release page on the wiki, but couldn't see much there, but I didn't to look further than that.
  10. No worries, just some places to look. I check them daily, around 20 times a day. lol
    will_iamd likes this.
  11. You want more information on the API, well here it is:
    https://github.com/Mojang/Minecraft-API/commit/6d1f70ed64349f63dd16f73b22979deb1abca382

If you don't understand code, this will be gibberish to you as well. :) I understand a bit of it based on my short study of the Java coding language.
    This is exciting in the simple fact that Mojang is not only being transparent about the coding but also requesting that others submit their code to apply to the API... More or less anyway.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  12. I will be hosting a Copy of a clean 1.2.5 Jar on my web server Due to some Copy right laws I cant share the link but PM me if you have any issues and ill help you out!!
  13. They made half slabs better to work with. Stairs too.
    Simple house I built in single player. And no I don't do creative mode. ;)

14. Now with 1.3, we can all obtain chain armor cheaply and legit from villager trading. Trading is the primary thing I am looking forward to.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. It just means setting up enchantment stores are easier!
  16. unless you have a second account like me
  17. Now we wait...
  18. It is indeed gibberish, my basic knowledge of Visual Basic doesn't help much xD

However, I agree that it's good, as they're obviously well into the process of developing the API if they're posting stuff like that, I'd imagine?
  19. I've heard that tripwires are considered PVP... Is that true?