1.17-- holy crap

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by triphora, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I disagree, but respect your opinion.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  2. How is this update looking compared to others in the past, work/codewise Chickeneer?
  3. I haven't opened the code yet. But with them postponing the stuff I was most worried about (world height junk). I am cautiously optimistic that we have this update out fairly quick.
    Minimally a week after Mojang. But probably not much longer, depending on when they drop the update and my IRL availability.
  4. All of your hard work is appreciated! My kids have loved the last updates. Thanks for your tireless efforts to keep EMC going strong.
    __Devil_ and 607 like this.
  5. 1.17 is feature-complete!
    A lot of humorous advancements got added in the prerelease. :p And splash texts, too!
  6. g o a t

I'm hyped for this, honestly!
  7. Minecraft 1.17 will be released on June 8th.
  8. 1.17 sounds good, but I'm already looking forward to 1.18. :)

I cannot wait to see how well the "smoothing" will go when combining the 1.18 terrain with already-generated pre-1.18 terrain will look.
    607 likes this.
  9. Maybe make a thread about 1.18. :D
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  10. 1.17 has released!
    607, Fred_TWK and MoreMoople like this.

11. I thought that this was humorous :)
    607, Fred_TWK and wafflecoffee like this.
  12. I like the ending, with the great number of axolotls flying around!

I wonder if Minecraft and Minecraft updates are still big enough in pop culture to make the amount of people who know what an axolotl is significantly increase. :p Six years ago or so, we were playing the game of "think of animals starting with this letter" with peers from church, and when I said 'axolotl', several people didn't believe it was a real animal. :p
    luckycordel and Unoski like this.
  13. I think given time, people will know about them. Minecraft players know about axolotls and most of us talk to people who donโ€™t play Minecraft.I donโ€™t know about you, I definitely saw an increase in axolotl gifs and videos when Minecraft introduced them.
    607 likes this.
  14. Fair enough. There are so many mobs in Minecraft though, at this point... I wouldn't be surprised if most Minecraft players didn't know that there are turtles in vanilla Minecraft.
    Unoski likes this.
  15. The candles are making me unreasonably happy

16. ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘€

Good thing Mojang is fixing this!
    luckycordel likes this.
  17. Fixed? What's being fixed? I read the title and description of the YouTube video you linked but neither said anything about it.
  18. The first 45 seconds of the video explains, that diamond ore distribution was changed for 1.17. It was meant to wait for 1.18. So diamonds would be very rare, being that you are unable to go below Y-0 in 1.17.
    __Devil_, Joy_the_Miner and 607 like this.
  19. Thank you for clarifying for 607, Lucky! :D
    luckycordel likes this.