《 Giveaway》 Finally hit 365 days and....

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by Raaynn, Mar 13, 2017.

1. .... just about 20 days shy of 500 vote...

So thought i should do a giveaway... y knot eh.

How to enter? Well... I love music... so just post below the line to your favorite song... then I shall use random dot org ( or some fiendishly equally clever method) to determine a winner.

What prize you ask? Well... idk. Will have to log on later and have a look... for certain 500rupees x 365 days.... = 182,500r

Also... one head of each of my 5 characters.... first last and only time I will be giving them all out together....

Also some promos and goodies which I will updaTe here once I take a look....
    to start with:
    2 Iron Vouchers, 365 Bars o Gold, 1 Dasher, 1 enraged Guardian, unused pot o gold, lucky bow...

Oh! And so giveaway will end when I hit the big 5-O-O !!!

Yo Ho Ho mateys ... let the music play on...
  2. Congrats on 1 Year! I still remember when you joined and I thought you were an alt of another player :D
    My current favourite song is Everlong and The Pretender, I think you can tell which band I like currently :p

Edit: I didn't see the favourite line part :p That would be from a song called 'Tamale' by Tyler the creater (its not family friendly, so viewers discretion is advised) The line is:"Instantly put it on Instagram and suplex her off a building if I get banned"
  3. Comgrats on a year, and on being just shy of 500 on votes.

My favourite song at the time is from Shelter by Porter Robinson and Madeon. One of my favourite lines in it is "It's a long way forward, so trust in me; I'll give them shelter like you've done for me"

Thanks for the giveaway, by the way :)
    Equinox_Boss and Raaynn like this.
  4. One year? I could have sworn you were much older Raaynn, seriously. Awesome, I still remember how my first year felt, it was like time had almost literally flown by. And it keeps flying ;)

But yeah, congratulations on your first year! And thanks for this generous give-away. And all the other things you did so far, I still very well remember 'that' event you know ;)

Music...

I have a very broad taste in music. so let's try to explore the extents a bit...

Classical, orchestral and other variants always score high with me. I had the luck to have been to several orchestral performances and well... seeing is believing. It was for a good reason why I once pulled out plenty of (irl) cash to get hold of an orchestral instrument (sample) collection for usage with my synthesizer environment(s).

An all time favourite of mine, also because of the musical power, the build up but also the sheer concentration of the performers...

It's truly a classic, no pun intended.

In my youth I've also been a huge fan of metal bands. It always struck me as 'honest music'. Guitars, drums, vocals (and beer :D) and then get going. I have several favourites but I think some are best not shared here due to their explicit nature. However... this is also an all-time favourite classic of mine:

"For a hill men would kill, why? They do not know Stiffened wounds test there their pride. Men of five, still alive through the raging glow, Gone insane from the pain that they surely know".

Around these times my interest got also drawn into Anime. Yet many Anime's (series and movies) have a rather huge music score to back them up. As such my interest got heavily drawn into JPop. Even in my 20 - 30's I still enjoyed JPop classics from time to time, also because - in my opinion - the singers and artists actually tried to sing and perform instead of trying to sell their looks or body.

This song is best known for the 'Bubblegum Crisis' anime series.

As mentioned many times on this forum I'm also quite heavily into synthesizers, electronic music (not necessarily dance music!) and even experimental variants. So obviously...

Which also led me to performances such as Tubular bells (Mike Oldfield) and some of his other works. Fun thing is that Oldfield has a much bigger repertoire than electronic music alone.

Anyway, the list is getting quite long it seems so I'll end with another one of my all-time favourite groups. A group which is only known by the colour of their faces :p (and no, that's not racist ;))

Honestly... I've been to Blue Man group in Berlin a few times and it's not only an awesome musical performance (where the emphasis obviously lies on percussion) but it's also a very special experience. Some stuff they do can really make you think a bit.

So yeah, here's a collection of some of my favourite music :)
  5. Wow congrats on one year man. Picking from one favorite song is hard for me but my favorite song is Johnny cash God's Gonna Cut You D0wn. Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand Workin' in the dark against your fellow man But as sure as God made black and white What's down in the dark will be brought to the light. Just a great song.
  6. First off, congrats on one year. Secondly, thanks for the giveaway.

Now for music. Hmm

"I know where you've been, so wipe off that grin, it's all been a pack of lies." Brilliant song.
  7. Congrats on 365 days.

8. congratz on the 1 year :D
    now for a song i really like:
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    i don't think i can pick a favourite sentence out of it :p
  9. Raaynn, nltimv and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Congratulations!! <3
    Raaynn and Equinox_Boss like this.
  11. Congrats on hitting one year!

Favorite Song : Imperial ft. Astrix Little by What So Not (This album cover is my account's profile picture)
    Favorite Line : The only words this song has would be the distorted sentence "Close my Eyes" so I guess I'll have to go with that.

Favorite Meme Song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1svA2sGhDEE
    Favorite Line : Hi my name's Catrina, and my name is Hugh, I'm Sarah, I'm Emma, and I'm Joe to you
  12. CONGRATS!!!!

My favorite song: I want it all by Queen
    "I'm a man with a one track mind, so much to do in one lifetime."
    Raaynn likes this.
  13. Congratulations on one year :)

My current favourite song is "It gonna come" by Melody Gardot with actually not one line but a whole block of text I really quite like:

Nothin' good comes from nothin'.
    Nothin' comes from nothing' good.
    Why you spend the whole day bluffin'?
    Come on man, do what you should.
    What you mean the world ain't easy?
    What you mean the world ain't mine?
    Last I chacked there were no price taggs,
    hangin' on them shady pines.
    What you say when you say nothin'?
    What you say when you say lies?
    Politician tell me something;
    What you got bihind them eyes?

'Cause,

We all workin' for the means of the end of our situation.
    We all hopin' for the day that the powers see abdication and run.

Said it gonna come, Lord said it gonna come.

14. Congrats on 1 year!

My favorite song is Lunchmoney Lewis - Bills .
    Raaynn likes this.
  15. Edited the op....

So Keep it comin... time to Rock the Empire!!
    (Or jazz it up... or sing it the blues... or take it down south... or ....)
    ExExUnderscore likes this.
  16. Congratz on a year! Im approaching a year soon too :D

My fav song is "Stardust" by OMFG (its dubstep no lyrics xD)
    Raaynn likes this.
  17. My favorite song is called Hikaru Nara by Goosehouse. It is the first opening for the anime Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (10/10 would recommend). It's Japanese, so I don't really have a favorite line...:oops:
    I have looked at English translations of the song of course, but I feel like something might be lost in the translation. Anywho, it just encaptures the theme and mood of the anime so well and just reminds me of all the feels it gave while watching it.

Congrats on a year too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bm8vZVFYyU
    Raaynn likes this.
  18. Dang alli stole mine

Anyway, Congrats one year!!!
    Favorite song is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
    Raaynn likes this.
  19. Gratz on 1 year. Hope there are many more to come.

Song by MercyMe : I can only imagine

I can only imagine what it will be like
    When I walk, by your side
    I can only imagine what my eyes will see
    When you face is before me
    I can only imagine
    I can only imagine
    Raaynn likes this.
  20. Musical bump...

Thought i shoul note (punny) that i too woulb be like shell... too much to post one song. As a singer i mainly i like music with lyrics from abba to Queen (yes!) to zz top...

But i was a drummer when i first got into music so really cool those heavy beat instrumentals and songs... if its rock... jazz... blues... soul.... classical... pop... well... i pretty much like it.

Maybe next time around I will do a giveawy for fav artist.
    Jelle68 likes this.