The begging. It HAS to stop.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Jul 3, 2012.

1. You know *someone* made a donation thread asking for money for a big suprise! Just so they could have 100k! (The idea was to donate the most) I am not quoting your post because it was you, but because your post reminded me of that thread.
    matthew12hydro and josh303011 like this.
  2. Yeah, that thread is one example.
  3. can someonez donate mony to mez?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    josh303011 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. I will, but only if you need it to join 100k club!
  5. i did /noob
  6. Lol. I guy on SMP7 Just asked a guy if he could have is account. I mean, really. And if ou that lazy to beg for a living, be even lazier and just buy the rupees. Also, CLICK ON MEH DRAGONS EGGEHS!
  7. I don't know why people need rupees anyway?

I've been a member since November and the ONLY things I have ever paid for are Diamond Ore blocks, Redstone ore blocks, Glowstone and a few eggs. EVERYTHING else I have mined / crafted / built on my own. With the daily alotment of Rupees for non supporting players, they should have more than enough to sustain themselves and make a sweet res.
    All it takes is some perseverance and effort.

Go out to the wild!
    MINE!
    Get resources!
    $$ Profit $$

I agree that the begging has to stop.
  8. I hope you are not iron supporter for the rupees! :p
  9. I've been getting random messages (sent directly to me) when I log on... Asking to buy enchanted armor, a sword, etc. I generally ignore it. But I was curious if you have ever considered allowing diamond / gold members to revert back to the standard white name color?

Clearly, some folks out there are target selling donators. As I said, I generally ignore it, and it doesn't bother me. I'm in sales IRL, so I respect the tactic.... But I'm sure (as this thread indicates) that a lot of folks get annoyed more easily than I do. :)
  10. Hehe :) .
    No I'm not in it for the rupees.
    I pay my $5 a month to gain the benefits of the no-derelict policy. The rupees are an added bonus.
  11. I do it for another residence. So I can put all of my crap on it, aka dirt.
  12. but then the beggers will beg you to stop begging for the beggers to stop begging for rupees XD
  13. Please don't post names in public chat like that. I took care of the player and issued a temp ban, but please report this in PRIVATE to a moderator next time. :)

Issues like this can all be very easily taken care of with this technique rather than making posts saying it happens to much or accusing them in public. The more we know up front the easier our job is to take care of it. :)
    matthew12hydro likes this.
  14. sorry i dont have a blurring program.
  15. No need to blur it. I'm just asking to send it to a staff member instead of posting it in the forums is all. :)
  16. You missed my birthday party :(
    we blew up Zoebearfun105's Residence with tnt on smp2
  17. /rupees pay Ethereum 45794
    You're welcome. :)
  18. My personal opinion on what begging is/isn't:

Asking in town chat for donations is begging. Advertising your res and putting a donation chest is not. When people are at your res then I personally don't mind people hinting at donations in local chat. Just I do not see the difference of asking for money (which is basically what asking for donations is) and begging.

In terms of forums I'm fine with threads about reses, showing the project, what it'll be and all of that, with a little bit at the bottom saying donations are appreciated. However, making a thread just to get donations (eg. 'Donations needed for 1337') is begging.
  19. I was kidding. :p
    matthew12hydro likes this.