The begging. It HAS to stop.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JackBiggin, Jul 3, 2012.

1. I told you that you would relent!! :)
  2. I wanted to suggest this to mods, but I never did: All spammers and beggars who persist and won't stop after warnings should not be kicked but banned! That's right, banned for like an hour! Because I think kicking them from server does not help much. Ban them for an hour so they chill a bit and when they get back and if they start spamming again, then to the next level - whatever mods decides to do..
  3. Haha, I have never seen one of those :D That's some funny stuff!
    matthew12hydro and josh303011 like this.
  4. I agrees with this i have 25,000r and i have earnt it not my fault they went and brought loads of what ever they should have thought about their money
  5. I'm not saying you haven't seen it, but it does happen. However, we don't go kick/ban happy either. Some MAJOR players (some who have complained) from time to time have also 'asked' for donations to a project they were doing. I think asking nicely and begging are two different things. I just commented on a thread where someone was asking (once) for donations for a new project and he got shut down by people who in other cases happily donated to the project. I think if we started acting less like a popularity contest in high school and started helping everyone instead of very close friends, things would be a bit better. :)
    Retgool, josh303011, LZBZ_DW and 2 others like this.
  6. I quit go on certain smp because as soon as they see me log in people are begging me to buy stuff and/or come to their store and stuff.. t-t
  7. Some people need to stop blabbing there big mouth and say how much money they have all the time, also people need to learn the word "NO" and stop giving out random freebies. I am stubborn person and I do not tolerate that stuff. People on here, especially new need to learn how to work for there money. A lot of people who have commented have worked hard for there money I hope and did not go around and beg for it I know I sure didn't. I have already posted on the 2 major forum post's about begging. A LOT of people need to put there foot down and tell them the truth, tell them they should stop being lazy and work for it. I don't think its being rude either it's just telling the truth :) That is my opinion.
  8. Well, I have mentioned this many times in other threads, I'm also against begging, but i do understand if someone really needs donations and ask for it on server or forum. Like I mentioned also in some other thread - as long as player show me his/her creations, projects, plans on emc, give me good reason that he deserves donations, then i see no problem.
    What I can't stand is when someone is asking for donation for no reason. "Who will donate me some rupeeezzz" or "Can someone donate me 20k, so i'll have 100k" - I would punch that one in the face.
  9. You forgot people asking for their friends to be un-banned. Annoys me more when it's just for a few hours.
  10. The funny thing is they always mistake me for an admin. They ask for it once but give hints such as "I have been a moderator on this other server, and you know". Sometimes I don't respond to their private messages and they end up in my ignore list cause they are spamming my chat history :p.
  11. Signed in few days ago and he goes "Can I be an admin?" :eek:
  12. If someone asks me for money, I refer them to my mall. I do tell them that the possibilies are great to make money by selling stuff like logs/stone or even wool. I give them options to make money, if they don't do what I say, then that's cool with me too. :)

A 'no' sounds mean most of the time, just give them an option to make money, and most of the time the'll stop about freebies, as they know you will not give freebies, but only rupees for effort.
  13. So you are begging people to stop begging. A bit contradictory, right?
    matthew12hydro and bonzd67 like this.
  14. Well, the difference for begging for rupees and begging for them to stop is that begging for rupees is more annoying. :p
  15. /r pay begger 1

:D
  16. I agree with everything. If you want something you should get it yourself.
  17. Kick, but not ban, because the amount of banned players could increase a lot.
  18. /r pay begger 0
  19. I just give them ** much r
  20. Donations, are different then begging for a start, the other day someone was spamming constantly saying "I need a loan for 50k" (say it in a baby crying voice to increase effect). Someone who had just been payed about 60k for a MAJOR job had said "ok" to him about it since he wasn't planning to use the 50k soon.
    Well if you cant make 50k other then out of loans, you can't make it back up. The person who payed him NEVER got the rupees back. the beggar didn't stop begging he said "I need a loan for 100k now" one word of advise for beggar's who pass donations off as loans "don't"