[Suggestion] No wait time for Supporters for residences

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Biscuitboy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Please don't rage at me but this is just my Two cents. I've seen Shaunwhite un-claim residences of banned players for others and the stuff doesn't just instantly go away. The stuff on the residence slowly fades away kind of like when you cut down a tree the leaves fall. I think the reason they make you wait like IcC said was because of the strain on servers having to do that. It has to read the blocks and then remove them. It probably has to go through this process even when the lot is empty. Also your post would have sounded better if you had said "I propose an idea for shorter wait times for supporters..." and given reasons instead of sounding as if you were demanding it be done.
    imBobertRobert and Curundu like this.
  2. 1) I changed my point you didn't read all my posts, and my point was made BEFORE ICC stepped in.
    2) I did give a reason which YOU didn't read.
  3. 1) I DID read the thread.
    2. I CAN TYPE IN CAPS AND RAGE LIKE A CHILD TOO.

4. Or rather than criticizing eachother all the time, we could simply agree that everyone has their own opinions and they have the right to show them. We could accept that everyone has different views on certain things and in order to benefit both parties, a compromise should be made between the participating parties so that the bickering, for the most part, comes to an end.
  5. That's what I'm getting at. I wasn't rude at all to him, I just suggested he word his post to sound nicer and giving what I have seen happen when a plot is reset. Not one word of my post was rude. I didn't get rude until he raged in my face when I asked him not to.
  6. Its not "ragging" it's putting emphasis on a word. ALSO the reason I posted what I posted was to voice my opinion. I don't beat around the bush and add fluff. It was what I thought. Don't like it? Don't talk to me. Simple as that.

P.S. You are the child if you insinuate that using capitalized letters for two words makes me a raging child. Why don't you go learn how to be respectful and maybe just maybe I will even consider looking at you in a better light instead of someone who is pretentious and thinks that they are always right.
  7. I don't think I'm always right. I have been respectful. You're the one being rude to me. I wasn't rude until you posted what you did in caps.
  8. Also you may have read the thread, but you didn't read my posts as after ICC stepped in I said to shorten the time period.
  9. WHAT DID I POST IN CAPS? Just like in game posting one word in caps is meant to give emphasis on a word because there is no "Emphasis" font.
  10. Bold, Italics, Underline
    Manglex, Curundu and PandasEatRamen like this.
  11. I used caps. Just like you would use caps in-game to emphasize a word.
  12. :| I don't like flame wars when I aren't in them.
  13. I'm just saying that there is other ways to emphasize besides caps
    Curundu likes this.
  14. Quit spitting fire at one another. The point is moot, but that doesn't mean we should bite each other over our points and ideas. It undermines the point of an educated argument when you start mocking each other, so just stop it. If hostilities continue, I will have to lock this thread.
  15. I should inject a little information here to explain the unclaim/claim procedure time limit thing.
    When it says you have to wait an hour to unclaim/claim, it is limited to that lot, with that player.
    This means that if a player were to claim a lot, they can't immediately unclaim it to go find a different one, they would have to wait an hour. They can still claim/unclaim other lots in this time, but only if they themselves haven't had an action on that lot within the hour. :)
  16. Thank you Shaun for thoroughly explaining the system so that I am able to understand it much clearer.

I now understand, thanks to your interpretation, that it is unnecessary for one to need the 1 hour time limit to be lowered.

I hereby retract my suggestion due to it's irrelevance in this situation.
  17. I am aware of that. I posted what my issue was in a prior post though it involved needing to change ownership of the res.
  18. You should be able to unclaim the lot with one player, and immediately claim it with a different player. The 1 hour protection shouldn't prevent this. Is this what was causing the problem?
  19. No I claimed it and wanted to unclaim it the second I claimed it realizing I had done it with the wrong player.