smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ok awesome...i plan on coming out there tommorow sometime ...thank you very much
    Jakres, zulu9, shavingfoam and 2 others like this.
  2. Isn't it a bit unfeasible to use a domain name for the LLO outpost? Just saying (Build is awesome!).
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  3. Any suggestions to this area, besides the lighthouse?
    zulu9 likes this.
  4. I've thought about building an apartment complex there. Not sure if I'll get around to it. xD

EDIT: What about some ships for the harbor? O.O
  5. How about some market stalls spread around at the harbor
    Jakres, zulu9, shavingfoam and 2 others like this.
  6. There's already a couple, but it's be cool to have even more :D
  7. How about those hot air balloons I'll get around to making sometime :p

EDIT: Err, wrong quote. Too lazy to fix, but I'm quoting Jakres!
  8. How about a hot air balloon workshop instead? :p
    zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  9. Reminder that there's a meeting today!
    4:30 PM CST sound good for you all?
  10. LLO meeting today? 5:30pm EMC time is best for me.

EDIT: Lol! Are you reading my mind, Pen? xD
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  11. LLO Meeting
    Saturday, the 25th of October, 2014

Start time: 5:30pm (EMC time)
    End time: ~6:10pm (EMC time)

Attendees:
    • BilboBaggins23
    • mba2012
    • penfoldex
    • Philovanrod
    • shavingfoam
    Meeting Notes:
    • Discussed ideas on how to bring more people to the LLO.
      • Add forum link to signature
      • Create new forum thread for gaining new members (e.g. "Looking for something interesting to do?")
      • Make an open invitation in Town Chat.
    • Discussed building a new Guest House in West LLO on mba's land by the Harbour. The bottom floors would be used for a Community Center, and upper floors would be used for room.
    • Guest Houses can be used as "base camps" for new players.
    • It doesn't make much sense to continue using the Guest House in downtown LLO because there isn't much free land there anymore.
    • Jakres built a new lighthouse in West LLO
    • mba2012 will not be able to attend next week
    • The server started having connection issues around 6:00pm (EMC time).
    2014-10-25_17.39.26.jpg
    Jakres, Philovanrood, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  12. If anyone would like to donate materials to the new guesthouse and community centre in the west, please just place a chest down on the empty grass plot near the harbour with some of the following materials in them:
    • Clay (or clay blocks)
    • Hardened Clay
    • Blue Dye
    • Light Blue Dye
    • Grey Dye
    • Bonemeal
    • Glass
    • Sand
    • Coal (or something else that can burn)
  13. Sorry I did not reply earlier. I got unwatched and had lots of stuff to do.
    I was reminded that it still exists by a notification for the upload of the new railmap.
    So thanks for that!
    I am still catching up on the thread but love the fact it is still here and active!!!

I will post replies to post I find after this one. Sorry for the double posts in advance.
  14. I would not mind if it got renamed. As always if there is consensus just go ahead and do it, else have a vote. :)
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Wow. That looks epic and from the screens exactly like the original.
    I am really happy that it is there again and hope to be able to visit it some day.

Shavingfoam, you sir just rock! :cool:
  16. Really nice! The construction site looks to me like it will be some intergalactic highway ;)
    Jakres, BilboBaggins23 and penfoldex like this.
  17. As always an awesome railmap! Those things always helped me and are an icon of the LLO.

I plan on getting myself a printed poster version for my room to always remind me of the LLO.
    Do you have a high-res / printer version I (and potentially others) could use for that?
  18. Sry for the multiple answers on this.
    My personal opinion is the thread should be renamed.
    EMC's handling of the wild has changed a lot since I opened it and I see no reason the LLO should not follow now common naming conventions for wild outposts.

I can add the original title in the first post as an edit for historic reasons but following the wild outpost naming system will make it easier to find us for new players.

I don't know if the forum system here allows this but if possible a redirect from the old URLs to the new ones would be great so that bookmarked links don't break. But we can deal with that if we are going through with the renaming.

Of course, as said in my first reply, if in doubt let's have a vote on it.
    Jakres likes this.
  19. Any bookmarks or links won't break because of the numbers in the URL. As longs the numbers are there (which they have to be) then you can change the name of the thread to anything, anytime.
  20. Doesn't Sunny's "Yetti Gardens Project" fill the void of a guesthouse?