smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. but i mean " my " part of it =D
  2. Ahh. :)

It is hard to miss the new mob farm.
  3. I have a jungle house designed to keep greifers away it is hidden so its good but I reccomed going far from the spawn for the best experience :)
  4. No griefers to date (unless you count creepers). It is really a long way out, and we are pretty active (and protective). I know zulu9 was checking me out when I first arrived. :D
  5. hey. just had some time to visit again. and boy has it grown and I have been off for only a few days.
    this is just epic! no griefers and tons of cool stuff, an active community. what can you want more?
    I won't have that much to to play during the next days and can't wait to see how it goes from here.
    this went a lot better (and faster) than expected :)
  6. Hey Zulu. I have some locked chests with your name on them. There are about 6 stacks of minecart track in them. Help yourself!
  7. I Will Join :p also PVP should be enabled in the wild so that people can defend them selves or have factions in the wild :D
  8. awesome! thanks! I will get to expanding the railway once I am done with some stuff I have to deal with in RL. if someone wants to help and need some of those tracks contact me (or corundu I guess).
  9. welcome on board. if you need directions just pm me or another citizen. :)
  10. Is anybody free to join? Because I am interested in becoming part of the community!
  11. yes. there is enough great landscape to make stuff there. as long as people stay as respectful and awesome as they have been everybody is free to join in :)
  12. It's going very well. There's always someone around and plenty of resources to get new people started - livestock and wheat and plenty of trees.

The hardest part is getting there.
  13. I did expand the tracks a bit, but I didn't want to take over your project, zulu9. Anyone who wants to expand the rail, system, though, let me know. I have been raiding abandoned mineshafts. :D
  14. I've got some tracks too and am thinking about laying them down but I may need help with the mechanics of rail travel. Can we put some on the surface ior is it better to keep them underground?
  15. it is not really my project. anyone is welcome to expand the rail. I put some on the surface too for a nice view but parts are also underground. just let your imagination flow :)
  16. We have had our first griefings. Wheat field harvested but not replanted. Someone put water pillars in various places. A section or two of track taken. My impression is that this is being done by people on their way to deeper wilderness (though we are already pretty deep).

Still, it's not anything we can't deal with.
  17. Yes you are, glad to have you!
  18. The Outpost Rail Circuit has been completed. There is now a (almost) complete track around the desert village with a terminus at the main outpost building. There are cart dispensers at each station where carts can be picked up and dropped off. So far only the White Harbour Station has stock but I'll be adding carts to other stations. Feel free to add carts to the dispensers.

Here's one:
    2012-04-16_18.22.57.png

Now the main track is laid there are still a few things to do:
    - turn the main teminus into a continual track with a proper station. As this is a common area used by everyone I thought it'd be best to work out the best way to do this with others. My thought was to set up the station in the water in front of the main entrance
    - improve each station. Everyone should feel free to make changes to the stations near them. I've kept them pretty basic for this reason though I have tried to use consistent materials to suit the area. Signs can be added and changed
    - join this train network to the original overground/underwater network. This will probably involve advanced switching which is way beyond me. Also we'll need to fix up the broken track that was washed away by the griefer

This is just a start. There are plenty of improvements we can make. Anyone can make changes if you think it can be done better but make sure you keep the powered rail as I'm almost out of gold.