Site attacked this weekend

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, May 20, 2012.

1. Haha, I wouldn't release any server names. Every single account would just rage attack them, spam, caps, language...
    oidgod likes this.
  2. Good job Justin, must be bitter sweet - good job though :D
  3. Quote from either Kingpin by Kevin Poulsen or Ghost in the Wires by Kevin Mitnick- "The new generation preferred full disclosure." That is, releasing information to the public, not keeping it a secret between a few people. On the other hand, Secret is right. I know I'd be one of those people. I would spam their chat, yell "WHY DID YOU DDoS EMPIRE MINECRAFT?!?!?!?!?!?!?" a million times, and then get banned. I'm a volatile person. ;)
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  4. Full disclosure to the people, however, must be used in moderation. For example, what if the CIA comes out and just out of the blue tells us that we've been running the drug cartels to fund the war on terror? (POI reference xD) Would that benefit the public?
    SpaceShuttleFan likes this.
  5. Well, true. In the book, it's talking about computer security. If hackers know about the exploit, it terrorizes the company that's responsible into releasing a patch faster.
  6. that was the worst 30 hours of my life :(... i love emc too much :D
  7. Agreed. I literally spent the majority of my time shivering in my bed.
    margaritte and Michael_Nolan like this.
  8. I was sad...but now am happy. I can check my rupee balence
  9. Dear JustinGuy,
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into EMC for us. YOU ARE SO FRACKING AWESOME!!11!1!!111... Ahem.. You are the best. <3

TitansBobcat :3
  10. Eh.. Doublepost much?
  11. Thank god its over-with. Although the new facebook group is awesome! I'll be chatting in there every once in a while.
    Thanks, Justin, for the greatest community out there. and screw those jealous haters that did this!

Would be sweet to get them back somehow. ;)
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  12. Oh, yes. However, we don't encourage that type of behavior.
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  13. Any ideas as to who is so bored that thay had to take down a minecraft website?
  14. A rival server perhaps?
  15. I was thinking a recently banned player
  16. If it was a banned player, I think that they would've targeted the game server's themselves, not just the website, although no one new was able to join EMC while the site was down.
  17. Unless they were targeting the severs but hit the forums instead.
  18. Well...its take down 10 game servers or 1 forum. Just as much disruption
  19. this whole attack thing has something goood..... it means this side is famous!!! XD good job!
  20. Ooo, how?