New Supporter Perk - Set Respawn Anytime

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Also to note: somebody stole my bed in utopia, spawn bed wasn't missing or obstructed! Best part of all!
  2. Sadness, it seems my gold membership expired (july 4th). 3: Skaia: Save up more munnies!
  3. I <3 JustinGuy
    :D
  4. I really want to be gold forever, but there are parents that don't want it, 'it is a waste of money' :(
  5. Awesome!

I can't wait for the 3 enchantments on sign glitch to be fixed :D *hint hint*
    Tuqueque, 1998golfer and marknaaijer like this.
  6. Sooo happy! This will be EPIC!
  7. As a none supporter this is still great news as it helps distinguish the greater differences / benefits between supporter's and none supporters. I will be directing my supporter friends to this info. :)
  8. i still wish to become a supporter :( but this is a great step for the server
    some1 once said :"step by step gets the best ;) " :pPPP ik its not that good :p
    at least i tried making 1 :O
  9. New content always makes me giddy like fresh pancakes in the morning!
  10. Awesome perk, i'll be definatly donating soon when I get some monies in. I'm jelly that you can do all this so simply and be like, 'oh btw beds can set spawn points during the day', good work guys.
  11. Hold on, just had a brainstorm about this idea, couldn't this be exploited to harm others?

1. Someone finding a bed could bury it in gravel/sand which would suffocate the person respawing.
    2. Someone could pour water all around/over the bed and block off an exit so the person would drown.
    3. Someone could swarm the surrounds of the bed with lava/fire to burn the person respawning.

How would you combat these?
  12. You'd die with no items though (because you've just re-spawned), so it wouldn't really matter. And I imagine a mod could help sort it out.
  13. I see, but also the bed would be unprotected so someone could destroy it and the person would respawn at their residence, this could lower the chance of the person getting back out to the wild and retrieving their items. Also it's a real pig if you have to travel far out to your base again, it may also be a struggle gaining resources such as wool to make a bed again depending on where you live.
  14. Well, this perk is nothing really "new". You could always set your spawn this way. However, you could usually ONLY do it at night, leaving you vulnerable for quite a bit of time if it just turned day when you wanted to do it. This perk allows you to do it on the spot, no matter where you are.

I'm not 100% sure if the "Minecraft Safe Spawn" rules apply to bed spawns or not. Someone would have to test it. I know if you sign off and back on and there would be lava or "drowning" where you are, it would move you "up" to a safe spot.

I think if someone destroys your bed you'll be moved back to spawn...not sure about "blocking" it though.
  15. And please, better item names.

It's so hard to remember codes like "276-5ro", and also so easy to mis-type (e.g. zero not "o") which means people get "out of stock". These are high-value items, so if it can't sell, it is a big deal.

There must be a better way than manually putting in such complex codes all the time.

How about, if you leave the item code blank, it puts the code of the item that is in the chest? (First one, if multiple items)
    AlexHallon likes this.
  16. Yeah, that would be great. As far as I know though, all that stuff is up to Bukkit but I suppose Justin could change that.
  17. Great news, now add it to the empire update log!!!
    JustinGuy likes this.
  18. @ICC, any chance justin could stick an [access] rule onto it?
  19. I know how to computer program if that makes my chances better.