New Computer Info

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Krysyy, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Bad quality photo, but here is the new set-up.

Old Specs:
    Razer Starcraft II Headset, Mouse, and Keyboard
    1 ASUS 27" IPS LED Monitor (VX279Q)
    1 LG 24" LCD (the oldie) L246WpQ
    Windows 7
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
    ~500 GB Hard Drive

New Specs:
    Razer Chroma Series Headset, Mouse and Keyboard
    2 ASUS 27" IPS LED Monitors (matching VX279Q's)
    1 LG 24" LCD (the oldie) L246WpQ
    Windows 8
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: 24576MB RAM
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    120 GB Solid State Drive
    3 TB Hard Drive

Any other technical questions can be asked, but will likely require moose to answer =P
  2. Moose upgraded his video card to the msi GTX 980 and made all of my upgrades possible =)
    Silken_thread and wkramer79 like this.
  3. who's moose?
  4. To beat the only missing info - It's a 7970 for those interested. Turned out that her old box didn't have PCI Express 3.0 (had 2.0) so my 7970 would not work - and she would likely need it to effectively drive 3 monitors.

She ended up getting the server machine with the specs above, and her machine will become the server (once I get another SSD and some memory for it).
  5. :O, So amazing! Also, that flash light may I ask how good that does when you slam it into the monitor? (I have the same one but for some reason had to buy a new monitor because of it :L)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. :eek: Wow.

Also that keyboard is fabulous. Darn you guys and your light up keyboards, My laptop was supposed to be lit up but apparently Dell stopped adding that in just before mine was bought :(
    That's a fancy TARDIS blue flashlight and I'm going to assume those are Doctor Who wallpapers on those monitors :p
    tedrocker likes this.
  7. Lol, MagLite for the win. We needed it in order to plug in cables correctly. Normally sits on moose's desk.
    tedrocker likes this.
  8. Not yet, but they will be...need to find a good cross screen one...
  9. Gave up on the cross screen ones, but found a few that I think will stick around a while =)
  10. Almost perfect, but you did make one very big mistake.

jkjkjk182 and Kephras like this.
  11. Daaaaam Someones been to work on that set up GG Krystal, now please get back to helping me hehe ;)
  12. Oh I didn't have a choice, but I'm getting used to it. And it's very easy to adjust backgrounds for multiple screens with the Windows 8.
    BTHarrold98 likes this.
  13. I have windows 8, but the lastest update was a bit poopy, i didn't like it at all
  14. what do you need 24gb of RAM for? anything over 16gb offers a tiny boost that is hardly noticeable. you would only need 24gb of ram if you edited photos, rendered videos, rendered 3ds max animations, had 16 minecrafts open, and 20 google chrome tabs open...all at the same time :p
  15. It's what was available =P
  16. What's the Mother Board in the Desktop? And is that an upgraded as well?
  17. I have 16 GB of ram in my Laptop, and i am always using a default of 8 GB in the minecraft, and I use about 20-40% of that. I do notice my computer uses 5 GB of ran in idle. I also then have 3 GB of ram DDR5 in my GTX Gforce 870m.

If you want to learn how to change your default ram I made a nice Tutorial here.
  18. Im sure it is an upgrade, but as to the specifics I don't know them and moose is a bit busy to figure them out right at this moment.
  19. Damn krysyy! Did you put your operating system on your SSD?