[Mod Help] Magiclauncher Mod Install

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by cddm95ace, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Okay, so I opened the Forge installer and installed Forge on the regular MC Launcher. Then I closed that and opened MagicLauncher, and selected the 1.6.2-Forge9.10.0.789.jar in the environment.
  2. hang on. Did you run Minecraft (regular launcher) after installing Forge? That is a VERY VERY VERY important step.
    Pab10S likes this.
  3. Yes, I did do that. I didn't log onto the server or anything, but I logged onto Minecraft.net
  4. you logged into minecrat.net? Are you saying that you don't use the launcher?
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  5. No, I was just saying that I opened up the launcher, saw that Forge was there, clicked "Login" (which then logs into the Minecraft.net server I think, which is what I was trying to communicate) and then got to the main Minecraft menu, where you can choose SP, SMP, etc. Saw Forge there, and then closed that.
  6. This is why I don't use MagicLauncher. I prefer to install the mods into a versions file directly. I can't help with this, though.
  7. Not very many tutorials out there for doing that on Mac though :/

EDIT: 1000th post :D
  8. Isn't is pretty much the same except getting to the Minecraft folder?
  9. Is your problem that minecraft doesn't load at all on magic launcher? This happened to me and I installed forge the old way and everything has been working since.