Launch of smp7!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We need an empire hotel...
  2. I really want to claim a new residence and I understand i can use the vault, but i have so much built on my res now on smp3!
  3. As said before, there is really no reason to move Servers unless you're perhaps following friends.

With the reset coming up, all servers will be at a fresh stage with unexplored lands nearby.
  4. As a new member and supporter of Empireminecraft.com.... Im so excited for this reset!

First day out in the wilderness on smp2 i fell in a huge hole almost killing me!

I may claim a res on smp7 though for the future ;)

-Kris
  5. Plus! You could share a res with a buddy if your res is on another server, OR if you wanna be on SMP 7 go out 5000 or so blocks and build your own res. That's always fun, then you can mine and live in peace. lol
  6. Actually this is to the benefit of people who live in the wild. Pregenerated areas make it so you now don't leave "wormholes" leading directly to where you went, giving you more privacy.

Not pregenerating the area would of been VERY BAD for people who live in the wild.

Now, with justin pregenerating the areas, people can immediately go build a town in the wild and not worry about "lines through the black undiscovered areas" leading people directly to your town... Same for the nether :)

Also the benefit of no world gen lag, but privacy for wild towns is the main reason I see out of this :p
    nightmare32808 likes this.
  7. This was yet another brilliant idea from the staff/Justin!
  8. I will admit it was not my idea, someone suggested it on the forums and then Aikar reminded me of its usefulness. Aikar does a great job acting as advocate for all the players who like to rough it in the wilderness :)
    nightmare32808 and Twitch1 like this.
  9. I like the idea! I've been on the fence on whether or not I wanted to personally do it only because I would leave a trail, but this has pretty much made up my mind. It was a great added feature IMO.
  10. justin said he might do this again with future servers added, but that smp7 is meant to be a place for refuge during the wilderness reset on other servers :confused: Therefore, he made it where everyone got in at the same time....
    JustinGuy likes this.
  11. Its like the Romans, slowly concurring the whole world, step by step. (PS I know, nerd comment, just happens to be what I learn in school :D)
  12. Nerd ftw.
    EukkaLyptuzz and MEINCRAVTA like this.
  13. The Romans are always begging for stuff in grand strategy games I play. Such a weak empire.
  14. Im eager to know what jessesevorg said... lol :p
  15. Sp am I! Apparently it was erased and they were banned from the forum!
  16. EMC FOREVER!
  17. He yelled and swore that we were all idiots for having so many servers. Some sort of strange nerd rage.
    SecretAznEks and MEINCRAVTA like this.
  18. i can't login to smp7 :(
  19. Seconded. What's up with the lag? I'm setting up a slimefarm on SMP7.
  20. Right here:

* This is a re-enactment of true events involving trained actors. The reality may vary somewhat from the events portrayed here. Artistic license was employed throughout. No animals were harmed in the making of this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.