[ Feature Discussion ] Empire Shop Management System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IF we decided to do a tax kinda system, it would probably be a per transaction thing. Keeping track of everyone's income and issuing 1099s (semi-kidding there, haha) would be way to much I think.
  2. I don't mean to be annoying, but this seems just a tad bit too complicated, and I'm perfectly fine with the economy we have right now. If it aint broke, don't fix it.
    Faithcaster, AlexChance and Kells18 like this.
  3. Don't worry. It will be very simple. :)
  4. I hope so. I don't do well with complicated things.
    hayleycolgan and battmeghs like this.
  5. The reason I love Google and Google products so much is because of how simple and easy they are to use (and why they're so successful). We go on that theory when we make new things for EMC. :)
    oidgod likes this.
  6. Okay. Good to know.
  7. You put up a sell order on the market, people buy it with less searching.
    You'd type in say, Dia and all the things starting with the word Dia would pop up in a list, such as diamond sword, diamond, blah blah. Just a quick click and you're on your way. Of course you have to get the items out of the market vault.

With selling, shove it in the market vault, it's up on the website waiting for you to list it with what price.
  8. Okay I got it. NOW I understand.
  9. No, this is something that would make the system unfair. You will have to be in town still to use the system.
  10. SMP5 has a shop under construction that will benefit from this system... ;)

11. I agree. If it was that, everone could just live far away in the wild, and STILL get random tidbits they need. It would have the same crushing effect as a wild vault system.
  12. So this here is a clip from Runescape. This is about how the search feature will be like for the market system.

Note that I didn't type in the full word for Diamond and things still popped up. I type in Iron, and it gives me a nice list as well.

13. Just to point this out, RuneScapes economy, MUCH larger then our, mind you, is heavily influenced by peopel buying up alot of an item, then they all sell them back.
  14. I only showed a video of how the search function works, but you're right. Players here buy up a lot of one item all the time, and sell it either for higher, or to build with. ;)
    We have about 40k people, quite a large amount if you ask me, plus we're always getting more people daily. Runescape has a lot of people because it's very popular. We're becoming very popular ourselves, so I can see us with eventually 100k people. Only 60k to go! :D
  15. Wooooo!!! Go Aikar!! You're Awesome!!
  16. I am trying to figure this all out xP got confused half way then hopefully found my way back. I just hope this does not affect mega shops like ICC and Alexchance were discussing ^_^ and can we please NOT BE taxed, I hate servers with taxes its dumb and confusing..
  17. The only real thing I can see affecting the mega shops is allowing them (should they choose) to easier get their stocks back up. Running short on Cobble to sell? Put up an order to buy 1,000 cobble for x rupees and you now have a lot more people to sell you cobble to restock your store. It's a good thing, I promise. :)
  18. Except that - There is absolutely nothing at all that makes it so a player might go to the shop instead of use this system. Players won't run out of stock in their shops unless they are selling in the new system. All of the "compromise" is on the part of the seller. Nothing to the buyer.
  19. I think you underestimate the numbers of people. There will be people who not once in their lives go to the website to use the system and will continue to use the in game shops like normal. Not to mention, items you want RIGHT NOW may or may not be in the new system. However, our plan, if it's possible, is to work a way for SHOPS to have a database on the site too...so if you search for cobble, shops will show up as well.
  20. In runescape, it is not uncommon to have people buy up EVERY SINGLE OF AN ITEM on the exchange. I got mad once since I couldnt buy meh teleport tablet, since they bought them ALL UP. And sold them back. Then I realized I shouldnt be, since I do that anyways. And they have the scale on the economy in millions. And alos millions of the same item. If they could do that in Runescape, imgaine what they could in EMC. not saying it will though. The EMC community, and Minecraft in general, is a nicer crowd. Though, this is coming from a Runescape Billionare, so that could be altered alot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.