[ Feature Discussion ] Empire Shop Management System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I actually think some of the fun and challenge of owning a shop is trying to figure out pricing, so I'd rather not know what the "true" selling price is.
    Beaverbeliever likes this.
  2. You can only buy in the system what someone is offering to sell. No different than if they were in chest shops already. Someone with 3 million can go to all the big shops, buy them out and continue to search for more if they exist in shops already.
  3. As I buy all the diamonds, the price would raise to 100r. As I sold them, the price would decrease back to 45r, and I'd end up making little/no profit. Also, there's a huge amount of diamonds still out there after the dupes, and the risk would be too high.
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. I like the idea. Though, it needs to be sort of sized down, so it isn't completely over showed. And someone said a bit back, this would involve making it LESS conveint to use, which seems to be the main point of implementing it in the first place. As MOST people agree, without any sort of limits, would destroy shop signs. However, keep in mind it would go both ways. Too many fees, waits, ect would just make it an almost useless service. I think more of our question should be what is our balance on the checks and limits of the new system?
  5. I think a lot of the points posted in earlier pages fix the issues mentioned here so far. :)
  6. how about having it a search engine for shops
  7. I know. But having all of them is what I think would be to much. An hour wait, 2% tax, an Hour cool down, minimum pricing, and bunches of other junk. But what do we keep? I am fine with the amount I mentioned, but some may want even more.
  8. Supply and demand...

If you bought 3 million worth of diamonds, then others will list more diamonds for 50r... So of course players will buy the cheaper ones and not yours.

And if you buy those peoples up too, you will continuously stock more and more diamonds you can never sell.

Demand has to be higher than supply for this strategy to give you a COMPLETE take over of the market...

What about the majority of players who dont care to go in depth of the economics and just want to make some money quick and go on there way? They dont have time to 'figure out pricing'. they just want to earn a fair amount for their product...

They can make instant money selling to other players (who may be another new player too), or list the item themselves, and not have to worry about pricing.

this same stuff is done in WoW, EVE and every other game with an economy and its fine, it "just works".
  9. IcecreamCow talked about maybe later using this system to import .schematics and it creating purchase orders. There is also the possibility in the future to sell a package of items. Imagine you want a cobblestone generator. A quick search brings up several different self assembly packages each with a brief description of it's size, output and ease of build. You decide to purchase one that suits your need. Into your shopping vault all the materials needed plus a novel giving detailed instructions on how to build it (and/or maybe a link to a youtube video showing the building process).
    Retgool and nab27 like this.
  10. Sorry that was all me :p Told Jeremy on phone lol (We were bored in car on way to beach so called Jeremy >_>)

We've had a solution to that for a while... its just it requires Justin to install and configure it who has been busy.
  11. Sorry. I was just trying to farm him for likes. And the best to way to improve the idea, as I think I already stated, is to tune it down alot more. Make it LESS desirable to use. But isnt that what you wanted? To make it desirable to use? So, what I am collecting, is that we want to make harder to buy and sell stuff on it, when your whole point was to make it easier. Though, I am pretty sure I just paraphrased someone else. And to keep this from being deleted, I think there should be a 5-7 % Tax, instead of a 2%. Though, that could be a little radical.
    PThagaard likes this.
  12. Which is why I'm doing the cleanup, so it's easier to see. I'll say to you what others have already said in this entire thread. We're molding this plan to make it happy for everyone. IF you decide you want to leave because of a positive change we're trying to make to the system, you can leave, and EMC will still be here for everyone else to enjoy. We're a bit larger than some people seem to think we are for some reason, haha.
    Curundu likes this.
  13. Okay, I cleaned up a lot of the posts to leave the ones with general ideas on how to properly implement the shop enhancements. Note, we're still in discussion stages here and this isn't a final post, but just a summary of what we all came up with together so far:

• Using the online order system will have a cost transaction for the seller. Seeing as it will be more convenient for them to use than building a big mega mall, they will have a price for using it.
    • We will try and integrate both systems. Those with chest shop malls can use rupees to buy "ad space" on the order system to advertise their malls.
    • There should be a limit on how many SELL orders one can have at one time. This is to prevent spamming of tons and tons of orders and will force players to put up significant deals / packages over spamming everything they own for sale. How many SELL orders you can have at once may be determined by supporter status. For example: Free - 10, Iron - 14, Gold - 16, Diamond - 24.
    • Find a way to allow editing of chest shop signs without breaking them.
    • Have a warning for chest shop owners if they accidently mix up the B/S numbers allowing for players to sell items to the shop and get more than they have to buy from that same shop.
    • This is an idea Aikar will have to look deeply into to see if it's possible without a performance hit. We'd like to, with this system create a website GUI for chest shops as well. We don't know how possible this is yet, but instead of making it check every second, we could have it update on the site when you edit a shop sign. This would allow for there to be an even wider amount of website options for both new system users and chest shop owners.
  14. What about shipment time or cooldown?

Overall this really seems to get to be a very good update. So far: Well done!
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  15. We gave that heavy discussion and didn't feel good about the time shipment thing. The idea of the system is to add convenience, which that wouldn't do. We think adding limits and fees for using it will be a pretty heavy burden as it is for using it.
  16. Okay, that"s more clear to me right now. That"s most likely to be true anyway :)
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  17. Thank you ICC I just woke up, now I have a smile on my face, the Empire does care.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  18. This Sounds AWESOME!!!
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  19. LIke's this? I like this
  20. I still have mixed feelings about this.

And I still believe that bigger stores like Leo's and mine are going to be at a greater disadvantage then people seem to think. Remember, most people are saying that rupees are the only thing people care about, so that means people will just end up paying that convenience fee if they have a lot of money. Right?
    hayleycolgan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.