[ Feature Discussion ] Empire Shop Management System

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Awkward Silence*

Also, can you go ahead and try to set a release date for the PvP server, or AT LEAST make a thread for it?
  2. It'd be nice to be able to have synced stock between physical shops and "online" shops. For example, if I had 11 redstone lamps in my online shop and somebody bought from my physical shop, the redstone lamps would go to 10 in the online store, and vice versa. Not sure if this has been suggested...
  3. From what people are saying and my VERY BASIC knowledge of coding, I think it would, if even possible, be a massive waste of server memory or whatever prevents us doing more amazing stuff.
  4. uh huh... the 1 time i held her up she tries to hold against me!
    Maxarias likes this.
  5. What do you mean by that?
  6. It would cuase lots of lag. I thought our main issue was server memory that made lag. My bad.
  7. Are you saying the new idea would cause lag? cause if so, thats 100% false.

Nothing about it would cause lag or increase memory use.
  8. They said the same for tekkit.....

A system like this would cause huge lag and strain to the servers, As the server would be constantly checking who's buying an item for x price to sell to them.
  9. Well, making chest shops check your market stash for stock isn't impossible, its something I had already considered, but doing the reverse direction is near impossible.
  10. I meant SpaceShuttels Idea Aikar. -.-
  11. I'm confused... Are you talking about our new system, or the idea that spaceshuttle suggested?

As I responded to space, it is possible to make it look in the market stash for stock, but that would slow down chest shops and cause additional lag, Theres things we could do to improve it to not lag the entire server, but it would cause a delay on all purchases (maybe not noticable... i dont know)

If you mean the new system.. No, it wouldn't cause ANY strain to performance. It wouldn't even register as a blip on performance charts.

You should of quoted it >_>
  12. I posted right below it. And I wouldnt randomly change my view from a couple pages back either.
  13. Also, The new market system would run on completely seperate servers than the game servers, so no way to impact them.

It would run on web servers, which are MUCH easier to scale horizontally (well, tbh, MC servers aren't horizontal scalable at all)

I understand, its just not obviously clear.
  14. Locking this thread. Aikar has taken all of the input from this thread and will have a Shop Update v2 Discussion ready soon. Shop owners will be VERY happy with it. You'll see new features that haven't been talked about here, so it won't be a re-hash thread. :)
    hayjam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.