Fallout for Free!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SillyWhiteMage, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I am not sure either, I never heard of Fallout until Fallout 3... I am aware of the history and culture of PC gaming but not a major participant... My first PC game was StarCraft in 2005... :)
  2. Ok just started fallout up, heard some music, and then the screen is all scratchy, like when your TV is out, so.....
  3. Well, it is a start.. I can't guarantee functionality but I can run Stronghold, Stronghold 2, Stronghold Crusader, Stronghold Crusader Extreme, Stronghold Legends, Cobalt, and a few other programs that I have need in the past to do some testing/experimenting...

I'm still at 20% downloaded of Fallout Installer, so I won't be able to report my findings for a while still...
  4. Ok, thank you
  5. I can get a free copy of windows through one of the courses I'm taking in college :D
    Twitch1 likes this.
  6. It worked just fine for me... If you have PlayOnMac and XQuartz 2.7.2_beta4 (xorg-server 1.12.0.901) properly installed in addition to Wine, then it will install properly...
    If you have trouble with it, there is nothing I can do for you personally because I am not an expert at these programs, I just followed the instructions on the sites they come from and it worked out for me...
  7. ahh, so glad gog is givin this away, my old pc with my copy of fallout 1 died a few years back so i lost it :(
    oh well, time to roll a new character and start anew :D
    Twitch1 likes this.
  8. This is my first time playing but I am sure I will enjoy it quite immensely especially since I got it for free. :D
  9. you should give the fallout bible that came with it a read through, its very insightful as to the backstory and some of the plot that gets missed along the way :)
  10. Lol you never mentioned XQuartz 2.7.2
  11. PlayOnMac installs that for you. The first time you install it, it will setup your computer properly.

You may need to install X11 from your Mac OS X install disc optional programs for it to do this for you...
    The X11 developer tools are not accessible without pulling them from the disc.. Not sure if it comes on Lion but it is definitely on Snow Leopard... :)
  12. Maybe i should just switch to the pc sitting right here.
    <----------