Empire Minecraft News: October 2015

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Referral Contest Winners and a Guide:
    Most clicks (receive Referral Blocks of Clickyness):
    1st: OmegaDustMC
    2nd: LuckyPat
    3rd: Nccoryg

Player referrals (receive supporter vouchers):
    1st: Luckypat
    2nd and 3rd (tie for gold): Nccoryg and Erektus

We run these referral contests every month and it's great to see more and more people participating. Check out the How-To Guide I created on how to participate and you could be one of next month's winners!
    referralguide.emc.gs

Chisel Me This Ending Soon!
    As seen here: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/56473/
    The participants have been hard at work, destroying hundreds of blocks to carve out their creations. Remember, the deadline is coming up on October 3rd, at or very close after midnight EMC time. Then, all work gets turned to stone and destroy permissions are removed.

Results should be out the following week.

Delayed Congrats to BreezyMan
    It has recently come to my attention that Aikar/I completely forgot to officially announce an addition to the Developer Team. That's likely because he's been a secret developer for a while now and we didn't really notice a change =P

HOWEVER, my heartfelt apologies to the community for not making this announcement in the September News. In case you missed it, BreezyMan is now officially one of EMC's developers and he's already hard at work learning and helping Aikar and the team out.

Voting Competition 2015
    This competition goes throughout the months of October AND November.
    There are different Tier levels, at which you can possibly win different prizes, so everyone can participate.
    Remember: Even if you don't win the random drawings for the super special items, everyone wins, just by voting! Vote rewards as seen on the wiki page, are handed out at various levels and voting can earn you items, rupees, and tokens.

More info on the competition: emc.gs/vote2015

Share Your Scares: A Book Sharing Event
    This is more of a community event than a contest. Submit your scary story to the chests at /v 3006 on smp2. Then, on the week of Halloween, the books will be made available for the community to choose one or a few (depending on number of submissions) to have and read. Then, everyone can share with each other so that everyone can read all the great scary stories.

Full details: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/57431/

Pretty Scary Contest 2.0
    This blast from the past contest comes back 3 years later to make an impact once again.
    Submissions required by October 24th at 11:59 pm EMC time.
    Community voting will start on October 25th.

Read the full details here: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/57432/

October Pumpkin Patch Events
    Throughout the month of October only, Krysyy is running a special event on Monday nights. Come Party with the Pumpkins and possibly win some prizes!
    Details: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/57433/

Something Fishy Events Added
    You asked for it and she supplied it! Dramanya and the staff present this new event, added to the weekly schedule that is sure to be a splash.
    Check the events calendar for more details and get your fishing gear. Some hosts have some interesting things in store for the fishers that join them.

Event info: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/57439/
  2. First. Congrats to the winners. :D
  3. Wat. Congratz though!
    This now the 7th post on the homepage for me. ;)
    jkrmnj likes this.
  4. Wow October is a busy month for EMC! Thanks for all the different events. I love to see the variety. I look forward to Mondays and the fishing events the most. ^_^ Halloween and spooky stuff, just aren't my thing.

Congrats to: OmegaDustMC, LuckyPat, Nccoryg and Erektus. Also belated gratz to Breezyman!
  5. Woah, woah, woah....wait...just hold on a second..
    *looks at screen*
    *looks at calendar*
    *looks back at screen*
    The monthly newsletter is on time this month?!?!? Wow, thanks Krysyy!
    And thank you to other staff for organizing all events going on this month!
    Starzival, jkrmnj, 607 and 4 others like this.
  6. Where did September go :confused:
  7. Looks like October is going to be a lot of fun ;) Thanks for the news!
    jkrmnj likes this.
  8. Awesome good to see Breezy putting in work! Looking forward to all the October Spookiness, and Contest :D
    jkrmnj likes this.
  9. Hmmm, I felt like it was August when you all outted the secret developer. Gratz breezy. Congrats to all the contest winners as well. I'm pretty excited to see the chisel contest submissions completed to all that participated: pretty much all iI do is ridiculously large builds and that... ugh that's just scary lol. Props to you all.
  10. Looks like October is gonna be frighteningly epic. See what I did there? :) Also grats to the referral winners and I've already said grats to Breezy, but grats again!
    jkrmnj and DWmom like this.
  11. Grats on dev breezy! And grats to lucky, erektus and nccoryg!
    jkrmnj likes this.
  12. *Inhales deeply* This whole Newsletter smells like pumpkin bread... Oh, October, how I love you.

Anyway, late congratulations to BreezyMan, and nice job to the referral winners! :)
    jkrmnj, ShelLuser and Kytula like this.
  13. Lots of new competitions, nice! :D Haven't said congrats to Breezy myself yet, but a big congrats to him from me :)
    jkrmnj likes this.
  14. Congrats to all the winners and to Breezyman! This seems like it's going to be a great month! :)
    jkrmnj likes this.
  15. Very cool
    jkrmnj likes this.
  16. yay!
    jkrmnj likes this.
  17. Grats peoplz who won stuff and became stuff and stuff and stuff
    jkrmnj likes this.
  18. Some these replys are so generic, it is the reason why I have a eyepatch
    jkrmnj likes this.
  19. Is that another FNaF 'joke'?
    iGTR, jkrmnj, FDNY21 and 2 others like this.
  20. I wish I had an eye-patch. Maybe then I wouldn't see so much of your FNaF references. :rolleyes:
    nfell2009, jkrmnj, 607 and 1 other person like this.