EMC Dragon Tombs Info

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yay... im worried im just gonna wake up to see my house in the llo claimed by a newcomer :/
    nfell2009 and 10101Link10101 like this.
  2. Unless someone goes around giving away Dragon Eggs and Rupees, I highly doubt a newcomer would be able to do this (unless you mean newcomer to LLO) Notice I included rupees in there, I think Aikar said something about Rupees being involved in the Wild claiming thing...
  3. i meant to the llo...
  4. lol, I see... Well; I hope the leaders behind LLO take precautions behind this... I don't really know how large of an area gets claimed... So yeah
  5. I am sure there will be safeguards put into place to prevent bad stuff like what is being mentioned by people from happening. Fear not guys, Aikar is at the helm of this :)
    oidgod likes this.
  6. every1 is worrying about their houses in the wild ETC but has any ever considered what will happen t branch mining and such??? you will have to mive around EVERY plot of claimed land :(
  7. I don't think this has been asked before so;

Will there be an item that helps find portals so I can be ready? eg. Ender eyes and end portals? *wink wink*

I feel sorry for Aikar, so many questions. :p

EDIT: Another, will the difficulty of the fight be the same with 1 person as it would be for 1 person to kill a normal ender dragon in the End?
  8. I highly doubt there will be an item for finding these portal as stated by aikar already,

As for the fight itself, you can not enter the arena without being accompanied by at least 4 other people, making a minimum team size of 5. Again as said by Aikar challenges we face inside are programmed to be for 5 experianced players. Once inside though, the fight will be what you make it, if you all stand around and use up your lives quickly in the first few mobs then your not going to last long against the dragon its self.
  9. Okay, thanks. I guess this means I can't practice on single player. Oh wells, might be more fun/aggravating this way! :D
  10. This question has been kind of touched upon already, but not explicitly, that I've noticed, so I'll ask it.

Is there still a risk of wild resets, even though we can claim parts of the wild?
  11. I did already ask that (on page3 post#44), but it was indeed not answered yet.
    Besides that, not all my questions are answered, and my post seemed a bit... unnoticed.

And I have another question myself, we can't bring any tools in the arena, since our inventory will be stored, but what about potion effects? Can we use those?

Thanks for giving replies (especially Aikar), you did a good job :)
    will_iamd likes this.
  12. About wild resets: We are investigating how to handle this and nothing definite is decided yet but we have a plan. We will figure this out before launching the outpost :)

About potion affects: Another player mentioned this. I will be testing the arena with staff under potion affects initially to see how it plays out, but lets just say potions were already planned to be used in the arena, so I don't think its going to give a major advantage.

Also, a new tidbit of info: The fight will be designed to last longer than 3~ minutes anyways... :)

As for permissions, the egg will be destroyed upon use and not be visible. The claimed land will be the same residence system you already know how to use, but with a few changes. Nothing here is too polished out yet though... Will go into finer details while its in development and polish it out. Ideas come to me as I code :p

Good question... I'm unsure how eye of enders will behave. Will ask around in Developer chat channels.

The fight will be "Scripted" server side, so downloading the arena would cause it to not function as normal. The dragon would not even spawn.

Please read our posts, this will not be an issue.
  13. After win, see next response.

Right outside the portal you entered, and then you will have a delay before you can re-enter. If everyone fails the event, the portal will still be there, but the group will simply be barred from entering for a set time before they can retry.

The portal your at will never close unless someone completes the event from that specific portal, aka your group. If you were taking part of the fight, then you will receive a reward (if eligible) when the portal closes.

The idea would be you would go to town, get friends and advertise. Don't need to give exact location, but then lead your group to it. Then noone can take it from you.

We have come up with a solution that will prevent people from using alts to obtain multiple eggs. We will not give the specific details on this, but if your taking part of the fight, you will receive the reward.

See above, no. You will have to be part of the battle the entire fight.

Yes, there will be a leave command, that acts as a death (doesnt actually kill you, but counts on your death tracker and bars from reentry for set period of time)

No, the fight will not be in the end.

I do not think the red dragon is in the game files, or else I would of loved to use that model, so no, its a normal enderdragon in appearence.... but....
    Let's just say she's got some new tricks up her sleeves :) (See link for "she")

This is something we will have to fine tune and is VERY likely to change after we launch... We want it to be exciting to find one (and not expected) but we don't want it so rare only 1 or 2 people get to do it a week. This is going to be a MAJOR community feature, and we have many uses for the eggs so they will be constantly leaving the economy too...

As I've said numerous times, the community building aspect of this update outweighs any economic factor. We're not going to intentionally destroy the dragon eggs price, but we will not let the price impact our goals with the fun and community aspect of this update.

It is very likely a derelict policy will be put in place for wild residences too. As for wild resets, read above - not confirmed but we are trying to figure out a way around it.
  14. Thanks very much for the reply Aikar, that gave me a lot of answers.

In case of a wildreset; Would it be a possible solution to 'download' the protected areas, and set them in the new world? Because people at very big outposts, that will probably get protection someday, might want to keep their houses and stuff. I understand this is all a bit early to ask, but I'm really thinking with you guys and help you find solutions when needed :)
    BobTheTomato9798 likes this.
  15. Well ideally the current world would not get reset... EMC use to have 2 wilds, one called a Wasteland, 1 normal Wilderness.

Ideally we will bring that concept back, where 1 resets constantly (for updates), and the other never. So players who want to see new stuff like desert temples, simply go to the new world, and those who want to settle down, go to the other.

This isn't confirmed that we are going to retake that approach, but that is the most ideal solution right now, but the final call is up to Justin as a concern is resource usage so we have to ensure it doesn't 'cost' too much (not really in lag terms, but other resources)
    mtp1997 and chickeneer like this.
  16. you said you can claim at about 3K out maybe more but i have many mines that stretch to about 9K out into the wild
    and are still getting bigger... i don't like the land claiming thing... i've traveled about 20K blocks into the wild once to find the empire mincasts island (which i DID find) and i saw tons of houses that weren't greifed so if you need to travel far into the wild to claim land then there is almost no point cause greifers wont travel like 10K blocks JUST to grief (unless they have NO life whatsoever)
  17. iil team with you madison :D
  18. Just a FAQ type of thing for people. Staff, feel free to edit things in. :)

EMC DRAGON EGG UPDATE
    - FAQ -

What is this new use for dragon eggs?

Dragon eggs will soon be able to used as a mass residence clearing tool. This will be for the town, however possibly for the wild in the future if it will fit.
    Then, in a future update, the ability to claim land in the wild will be added to EMC servers. It will require that you pay for the land with the dragon egg.

More features will be added in the future that will require eggs, so make sure to stock up.

Fight monsters or each other in the arena?

The teams of at least 5 people are required to fight monsters AND the ender dragon. No PvP.

What happens if someone claims a public area, such as a wild community?
    Someone will be able to claim someone else's base but this will be considered griefing and leave a very noticeable footprint behind. Unfortunately the only way for wild communities to be protected is to stock up on eggs and claim the land before anyone else. There will also be a minimum block distance - you have to go further out then 3000 blocks (not official, being decided) to claim the land. Staff members can be contacted if someone has stolen a players base also.

Can you bring items into the fight?

No, your inventory is stored in a "vault like system" that will return your items when you have let the arena. The only thing that you MAY bring out is an ender dragon egg (if you qualify for one, limits in place that is). Required items will be supplied in the arena - some enchanted.

How hard will the fight be?

The goal is for the fight to be challenging for 5 "experienced" players, with the more inexperienced players able to to bring in friends to help out.

Who gets rewarded?

Everyone gets rewarded (that fights in the full battle - limited details) so there is no reason to keep the location of the portal secret. The more, the easier.
    Anyone who enters the arena will be rewarded an egg, but if players entering then leaving and not helping the team becomes a problem, we will act accordingly and remedy that (You players could maintain a public blacklist of people who are known to leave the arena and/or not help).

How do I get to the arena?

Once the Event is complete, the portal you used to enter will go away. Also, portal locations will change at a regular period of time (to constantly keep them fresh in the wild). Finding a portal will be a difficult task and even X-Ray doesn't help to find them.
    About portal locations. There is no limits on where a portal can be at. Aikar has created a formula that places them randomly throughout the wild. There is no max limit either, so people far out in the wild can still find portals the same as people at /spawn.

Considering the locations will reset weekly, players should not consider this unfair, as there will generally always be portals near spawn.

There is no static distance between them either - 2 literally could be within 40 blocks of each other, or there could be no portals for 1000 blocks. It's all based on luck of what the formula calculates!

As for the location of them, that will remain secret. It is up to you guys to figure this out. But the goal was for you to randomly stumble upon them while mining, and take what hints you want from the picture.

They will be made of bedrock with an End Portal at the bottom of it to jump into. When the portal is destroyed, the portal will be replaced with bedrock and the top parts of the portal frame will disappear, so portals will not be griefable (not that I understand why you would want to)

How does the dirt removal tool work?

The dirt removal feature is planned to be scaled to your supporter level, so diamond members can remove dirt a lot faster than free members. As for dropping the dirt, I don't see why not.

I don't understand what you mean above 64? It will basically act as a super shovel, and you break dirt where you want it gone.

If you ever used WorldEdit's "Super Pickaxe" it'll work similar to that.

Wild resets and claimed land?

Being discussed.

When will this start?

The project has been put to the side for a minimum of one week due to EMC residence bugs. Justin is unable to program so Aikar has stepped up - therefore, the project has been halted.

EXTRA INFORMATION/ROUNDUP

You will not be able to watch the credits - the arena is NOT in the end.

Once a portal is found by a group, the team is able to enter. Upon entering all items currently Equipped and in the Inventory will be "vaulted". Items found 'inside' the arena can be used to complete the challenges. Upon successful completion of the challenge EVERY member of the team still in the arena will receive 'exp, rupees, and a dragon egg'.
    The competitors then leave the arena and appear back in "over/nether/end" where they found the portal with all the "vaulted" items and their prizes. The arena portal will then teleport to a new location ready for the next challengers to find it.

You must have a minimum of 5 team members.
    You will die, a lot. This means you will respawn inside of the arena.
    You can NOT bring anything inside of the Arena. Your inventory will be stored until you leave.
    You can ONLY use items INSIDE of the Arena. When you complete the final fight, you will all be teleported out of the Arena and receive YOUR stored items AND 1 Dragon Egg.
    If you bring 30 people into the Arena, all 30 who are logged in when the Dragon is defeated will receive 1 Dragon Egg in addition to their stored items. I am sure they will not receive their Dragon Egg if they log off prior to defeating the Dragon. I am sure on relogging they will receive their stored items and respawn at the location outside of the portal, which has disappeared.

Upon death of the event, you will be kicked back out to the portal you entered from. You will then also have a minimum time delay before you can re-enter the portal and rejoin the fight. If all players die in the event and no one is in the arena, the event fails and you have to start over. Players are limited to a certain # of deaths before they are banned permanently from that specific event, so you can't just keep zerg rushing the dragon till dead.

Credit to Aikar, Twitch1, Bigdavie, IcecreamCow and B4DMAN5IMON for a lot of this content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.