[Discussion] EMC Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Maxarias, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Yay im 13 xD im not underage!
  2. I support this idea. I think it would be helpful. :)
  3. If you can turn the quiz off, why do you think noobs would actually do the quiz?
  4. I'm glad you all think this is such a delightful idea, but being the embodiment of natural balance I have to step in and shed some pessimistic realism on this matter.

As it stands now, the issue is that new players almost completely ignore what they are expected to learn from the tutorial, leading to incessant repetition of trivial questions. Were this quiz to be implemented, all it would do is multiply the frequency of these questions. People will be spamming the chat asking for the answers to the questions because they're so blinded by the promise of a few meaningless rupees that they don't understand nor appreciate its true purpose.
  5. There should be a command for turning off the questions, like /q off or something like, if you don't want to answer questions each 5 minutes.
    Also I like this idea... Free rupees!
  6. They won't know how to turn the quiz off :D
  7. "if you don't want to see tips and quizzes than type /tip off"
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  8. Exactly
  9. Good point. Very very good point :p
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  10. noy.jpg
    Nole972 likes this.
  11. Well.. The plan was for there to be giant bold letters like so:

THE ANSWERS ARE HERE --> http://empire.us/guide

I'm fairly confident that should be quite hard to miss. ;)
    Xenmas456 likes this.
  12. (Re. 11 year-old player)
    Sorry to interrupt the main discussion, but I really strongly disagree with this.

If their parents are OK with an 11-year-old child drinking alcohol, or driving a car, does that mean it is acceptable? Of course not.

These servers are not appropriate for children under the age of 13 (as an absolute minimum).

I know that that rule is not being enforced, but I'm sure if it was, we'd have a lot lesss of the more ridiculous types of juvenile behaviour.
  13. Most places in America allow children under the legal drinking age of 21 to drink under their parents' supervision. The law regarding the internet is that children under 13 must be supervised, but most parents don't know this, so it is one of the laws that gets broken more frequently.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  14. Well that's how the tutorial works and yet some people still don't get it.

Just because they go to the guide to find the answer doesn't mean they commit it to memory. In fact, quite the opposite occurs; since they are so impatient to get into the world, the knowledge doesn't have time to be absorbed and fails to convert from short-term to long-term memory. Sometimes it doesn't even make it as far as short-term memory, but rather is discarded as soon as the answer is confirmed.

The issue is not that we don't present the relative information to the players, it's just that the average player has a a very short attention span.
  15. Sorry, I am not 11.
  16. im going to make one but i will need donations before i can start it i can do 50r per every full questioner they get right
  17. For the last time, Y U NO type in WHITE?
    nfell2009 likes this.
  18. If you do this I will be so happy my head will EXSPLODE of happyness.
    This is the best idea yet. I support this idea.
    I hope ICC and justin guy like this.
  19. Anyone Donate To Me For Making A Quiz? Or To Pay 20r Per Correct Answer?
  20. The plan is to have an official one be made part of the website, so it'd be something along the lines of Empire.us/quiz
    Because pink matches everything I've got going.. The pink signature, the pink face to the left... I'm color coded. :p
    nfell2009 likes this.