[Discussion] EMC Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Maxarias, Jul 12, 2012.

1. We all get a little frustrated when we see that new player who just joined asking how to claim a residence or spams the chat..

My idea is a questionnaire (or quiz) that offers 10 random questions a day, each paying 20r when answered correctly. (That's a total of 200r a day for knowing your stuff!)

The questions would be not just about EMC rules, and /commands, but also feature crafting recipes, with links to the guide/minecraftopia.

I think this could be pretty helpful towards the community..

What do you all think?
  2. Also - this would most likely be advertised by SYSTEM or Tips. :)
    Chascarrillo, IamSaj, Hash98 and 2 others like this.
  3. That is actually a great idea. Anyone else agree? =)
  4. I wanna answer now! :)
  5. i would do it!!
    Chascarrillo and AlexHallon like this.
  6. Great idea!
    This would really help giving the new players some knowledge and stop the spam!
    gollark8, Chascarrillo and mba2012 like this.
  7. I love this! 200r a day, here I come :cool:
  8. I honestly don't know when this project would be started.. Also, I was uh, actually hoping for some feedback on ways to possibly improve my idea, haha.
  9. Well, I think it is a great idea. I don't think it needs a lot of improvement. If possible, it could be something that is forced upon players when they are kicked. They would have to do a quiz of sorts just relating to the 10 commandments. If they get them all right they're allowed back on straight away. If not, they can't come on for an hour or something. :)
  10. I think this is a fantastic idea Max! Not only will it help those forgetting commands and stuff, but it may also be a way to help stop the rupee begging that seems to be going on. The opportunity to earn another 200 a day could be a good solution.
  11. I kinda like this idea. Since well I always get called rude when I tell a player asking really obvious questions that are in the empire guide to go to the website and re-read the empire guide. They usually reply "I don't want to go to the website" or in other words "I am to lazy and I want others to give me the answers without me doing any work" I don't remember a lot of the stuff but I do know where to go to find out stuff like what flags the res has and such. Empire guide. And other players constantly answering these questions just shows the players its okay to constantly ask lots of those stuff.
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  12. Awesome idea! Would this be built into the game or would it be something either on the EMC site or on another site that you or someone else hosts for it?
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  13. I'm hoping it'll be part of the EMC website, so that way it can be.. Well, coded properly. I am not sure if this is something you can put into the game, haha. My tech support (Aikar) is asleep currently, so for questions about how things like that works, I'm flying blind.
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  14. do you have to answer the questions? some people who know their stuff and have been here for over 200-300 days may be annoyed the answers show up and you have to answer, who don't care for gaining free rupees or don't want more rupees, some may even get annoyed at how much they appear on the chat. i'm not sure at all with what i just said. lol

though, i don't know if that will even work, because if kids can't even honestly read the guide what makes you think they'd pay attention in game? i foresee them just personal messaging other players or spamming chat asking someone what the answer is, because these ones joining lately seem to take that front of ignorance and stupidity.

i may be the only person who sees the downside to this.
  15. Fantastic idea, solves a couple problems in one foul swoop.
  16. I'd throw anyone who was kicked for breaking the rules back to tutorial (everytime the player gets kicked)
    And also I support OP's idea!
    gollark8, audrey455, mtp1997 and 2 others like this.
  17. ide say, make them answer the first three for each new member, after that its optional, then once theyve answerd about fifty of them, guive them a command like /question false (or /q f). if a player gets kicked by SYSTEM for spaming, they immeadietly have to answer another question once they logg back on.
    battmeghs likes this.
  18. mini moose approves
    nfell2009, audrey455 and migueldemesa like this.
  19. I like the idea. I think it would be good for new players to get to know what they need to know. Let's face it, sometimes you don't know what you need to know until you need to know it! I read the guide before I first tried to play the game, but a lot just went in one ear and out the other. I then referred back to the guide as issues came up. Maybe an in-game tutorial just to kick things off would be helpful and stop those 'how do I claim a res?' type questions. As for solving the problem of them messaging others for the answers, maybe you have to answer the questions to access the game so that 'chat' isn't available as a cheat? This could be targeted at players for their first few sign ins with an option for others to access it if they want a re-fresher, or just for the 200r. Also, for any player who has been temporarily banned, maybe the questionnaire pops up for the first few sign ins upon return as a reminder lesson of what the rules are, and as a further deterrent against future bad behavior.
    battmeghs likes this.