Dating On EMC? What gives?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bugmo1207, Jul 22, 2012.

1. They're engaged :confused:

Some of you guys have some rude comments. You sound like my hateful aunt. "Don't date people online, they're nothing but lying losers!" "You'll meet them and they'll murder you!" I met my husband online. I was 12, he was 19. We started out as friends and then he went off to the Air Force, when he came back I was 18, he was 25 and we chatted a while and then just before my 19 birthday we ended up a couple. Summer 2010 I hopped on a bus to North Carolina and have been with him since. I'm still alive, he's still alive. So obviously not everyone you meet online is going to murder you or torture you in their basement like so many of you seem to think.

The few guys that I was with in person that were in my hometown that I met in person were constantly online looking girls up to meet up with behind my back and cheating on me. So looking for people you can have RIGHT THERE isn't always as grand as you think.
  2. LOL
  3. Hey there, you single? :cool::p;)
    kevdudeman likes this.
  4. Wow i was on smp9 and i didnt stand it well i have a girlfreind in real life but a virtual one thats crazy and if were talking about smp9 there is a love fest going there
  5. Maybe it was a little safer to do that a few years ago, but now it is ridiculous how dangerous it is for someone to meet someone online and then go meet up with them in real life. And I'm not talking about Match.com or eHarmony. I mean in chat rooms or on Minecraft. I'm not saying that everyone you meet is going to murder you or something worse, but it happens a lot and that is why people seem to think it will happen every time. You just have to be very careful.

You must be trollin. lol

I haven't counted, but there must be about 3 or 4 couples on that game. Maybe more. And they don't keep the relationships for long. They all switch around with each other then have debates about it.
  6. Ok, i have to comment on this. I don't see much difference. Turn on TV or take a newspapper and read: Some guy strangled other guy to death while people around were just watching.
    Girl got hit by a car, driver escaped, other drivers were driving over her, over her body! and other people were again just watching.
    And don't let me start on parties and stuff. People get drunk and don't give a ***** about anything, even their friends. In such situation you can find your friends.
    Disgusting and horrible stuff is happening every day, even between long time friends that haven't meet on the internet.

P.S. How would you know that the guy you just met in supermarket is not a serial killer?
  7. LOL. Well dang glad I met my husband then, here we are two years later and who knows what could have happened! Never used any of those sites. That's how I met my husband was a chat room. There are people who meet on Online games and hit it off well. It means they have things in common.
  8. But I'm only talking about dating online and on Minecraft. I'm not talking about other ways of being killed and stuff. If I were talking about that I'd make a whole new thread (which I won't).

I wouldn't know if the guy I just met in a supermarket was not a serial killer. You have to be careful in life in general.

I understand what your saying and I agree it happens all over, but that has nothing to do with dating online.

Okay, but let's get back to dating on Minecraft. Forget dating online as a whole. This thread was started to talk about dating on EMC. Let me just put out there that it's a game! People aren't on EMC to date. They are here to play a game. If the "daters" want to date they can at least save us "game players" the trouble of seeing it and move to a online chat room where it is acceptable.
  9. It seems to be one guy is on a res with his other friend on minecraft. Let's call them G1 and G2. G1 seems to be skyping/video/voice chatting his girlfriend/girl that he likes. He was communicating through signs, with G2, this seems perfectly legitimate, as in because of the voice/vid/skype it leads me to believe he actually knows this girl.
  10. Oh, yeah, that's a different story... I can't watch those kids on smp9 who are not even meeting the age requirements and are getting married, calling each other papa and grandma and stuff, either :D
  11. Ok has it ever occurred to you that if you don't like people dating on emc then stay away from them! if there talking in town chat then tell them to take it to pm or local chat! people can do what ever they want as it is their chose as to weather they date online or not! plus many people who have met on mc or other online chats have ended up getting married or dating irl! The point of online dating is to meet new people and sometimes you will find your self falling in love with that person and there is nothing you can do about love!

so what I'm trying to say is...DONT HATE!
  12. Take into consideration that EMC is not merely a Game but a living and growing Community. You have people who have formed very real relationships. Some of them are very intimate to the degree of dating and others are merely intimate in the manner of sharing many personal aspects that you are not comfortable sharing with someone you do not trust. We have a common interest, Minecraft and by extension Empire Minecraft (EMC).

Many of our members have no other way of communicating with people who share a common interest because those in their immediate area may not have interest in Minecraft itself. What we have here is a social meeting place to discuss whatever comes to mind, within reason, and share these ideas with a much larger audience than the "real-world" location we live. Here we all have an equal voice and we receive feedback on it. We do not feel shunned or ignored and therefore we are able to be more open in our discussions.

I personally have met many players in our community who have come to myself and other members for advice on their life, not just the game we play. I have helped with homework, been a shoulder to cry on, a punching bag to be vented to, a person to just listen, and so much more. I have helped a player approach the difficult aspect of coming out to their family. I have shared my own stories of turmoil and fear. Many of the things discussed here I would never be comfortable discussing with my coworkers because they are not as connected to me as the people I have met here.

If people are truly finding love here in EMC, then I applaud them. However, it does not mean that EMC is a dating hub. However, to shun those who have truly found love because of an irrational fear that every single person who logs on to the internet is a serial killer or rapist is immature. Most people use the internet for communication these days. Most people are genuinely seeking friendship, love and overall happiness. Be that by way of entertainment or social interaction. To balk at the progression of humanity is to decry advancement of society as a whole.

To believe something is true based on others statements is blatant ignorance. If you can provide some proof of your claims that the majority of internet users are serial killers and/or rapists then I will retract my statement and live in fear of everyone online as well.... :rolleyes:
  13. That was deep, 1 million likes to you
    Twitch1 likes this.
  14. "If you'd like to become my friend add me on Skype. My Skype name is the same username I use on here and it is also below this description. ;)"

So, dating on minecraft is pathetic and pointless cause "you dont know the other person" - however finding "friends" isnt cause you just know them so well?

Im rather sure that you will share the same amount of personal information with a "friend" that you would with something else..

If youre affraid of getting hurt by someone you "dont know" i would say you stop sharing your location, first name, last name, favorite band, your mothers name, your skype name, your home town, country and so forth..

However, upon the topic of "dating" in mincraft i share the view with you of it being "shallow" and "superficial" in most cases.. However, as Aikar and Maxarias and im sure there are tons more :)rolleyes:) will say - meeting on a game, like minecraft, is an everyday thing - and sometimes, people will meet up and be together forever and ever or untill next patch :)cool:).

Trying to be someone youre not might work when your 17, but at some point in your life you will get tired of acting and never being yourself.. You will be confused about "who you are" and you still actually stop lying about yourself to be a better person...

a small handful of people here on EMC knows everything about me, nothing in between, no bull and no lies.. And i know the same amount of things about them.. We know eachother, in dept, and we guide, talk, chat and help eachother through some of the everyday things that a normal friendgroup would too..

If someone lies to you, its not all that darn hard to figure it out... It might be online, but not calling other peoples BS based on that, is not because the internet makes lies easier, its mainly because you dont WANT to know..

The internet aint problem free, its not a safe zone and it for sure isnt your own little testground to figure out "who am I" - been there, done that and burned the t-shirt.

I have SO much more to add to this topic, but i dont think a bunch of teenagers is the right audience. (No offence - i just dont see this as the right place atm.)
    margaritte, 10101Link10101 and MR2R2M like this.
  15. I know this guy he is perfectly normal his in love he tells me that all time i did that to my friend to when i had a chrush now ive got my girl and he will have 1 to
  16. Yeah, I agree online dating is horrible. A few weeks ago I had a relationship with some girl from sweden. I have met her in real life but the long distance thing didn't work out so I finished her, and when I did she was like
    'You jerk! I thought we had something amazing here!'

But yeah, in some cases it goes well, like with Pandaseatramen and Maxarias and Aikar.

One of girl-friends (not my actual gf, but a girl who's just a friend) plays on the PS3 and she has Minecraft but couldn't get into it. She uninstalled it and now she can't be donkey'd installing it again but she agreed I can show her around and play with her if she can get into it (which i'm pretty sure she will! :p). I actually like her and this is the first girl I've actually shared an interest with. My first used me and cheated on me, the second finished me off after 6 months, the online one I don't even count, and the one i'm about to go for could last me a lifetime.
  17. Thats like wht i had only the first dumped me after 1 month second didnt like me and the third was the lucky one :cool:
  18. Well after what Twitch and a few other said I guess I can come to accept that people can and will date on here. I mean I knew that already, but I didn't accept it. And I don't hate the people who date on here. I just find it very immature to go around asking random people to date (I think that was my original point that I didn't stress over enough.) Personally I am sick of being asked, because I always have to say no. I feel bad for saying no, but it is my own personal rule for myself; to not get involved in something like that.

It never occurred to me that I could just ask them to take it to local chat (That's of course if they listen to me.) But yeah feel free as a bird to date and go through all that drama stuff surrounding dating on EMC. So sorry to have bothered the community.

But no I want to sincerely apologize and say that I am sorry to anybody who I may have offended with my opinions on dating on EMC. I admit it was not my place to cut down on those of you who do enjoy dating on here. And just for the record I do not hate any of you who do. I try my best possible to hate nobody. That way I have no enemies and no drama for myself.
  19. This was eye opeing...
  20. xD I think you mean broke up with? When I first read this I was like O_O WHAT? then realized what you meant. Atleast I hope that's what you mean.;)