Contest: The Incredible Machine!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JabrZer0, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Username: bob23646
    Server: SMP6
    Lot #: 13354
    Location on lot: at spawn point
    Function: hit the lever, and a magical walkway appears over the pond, and a door opens into the tree house, hit the lever again to make disappear
  2. I really hope that this is not over before 1.2 comes out i need 1.2 for the fireballs. Does anybody know the approx. date of 1.2 release?
  3. This sounds interesting!
  4. No fire does not spread to nethreack or the whole nether would be a flaming fireball! :)
    EukkaLyptuzz likes this.
  5. I think the dice game is probably the best. People have made a 4 digit number lock before and the same goes for the
    clock. But the dice game is a true creative idea. :D
  6. I would love to see someone on EMC make a digital clock 24 hours on a SMP server :D

And yeah, most people have indeed made digit locks - i like thoose where you press the last number in the code and the door opens! 1-digit code!
  7. Why is everyone doing automatic farms? Seriously? They are so easy to make. Even a person who's had none or limited expirience with redstone coould make on with just a little time!
    Instead I'm making a Rock-Paper-Scissors machine that has almost caused me to rage-quit a dozen times.:p

Why does restone have to be so complex and annoyinng???:confused:
    twinchicken86 likes this.
  8. Locks are very easy to make if you know how. Just use pistons and you can easlily make a lock if you flip certain switches.:D
  9. username:thebestbear123
    server:smp5
    lot # (or wild):10050
    status (complete/not complete)
    loctation on lot, if necessary: spawn
    function (wat does your machine do?) 6 button gate lock door
  10. coming out soon :) I believe. Bukkit will need to release their 1.2 craftbukkit though ;) and Justin will have to work and make sure the plugins he has work with the 1.2 craftbukkit :D
  11. Lets have a demo then ;)

Being a smartass is always the easy way :rolleyes:
  12. Fine i'll try to make a lock by tomorrow. Sadly with the easy way you do not need to flick the switches in a certain order but you can make a 20 digit code very easily if you have the resources.

I'm at lot 12182. I'll make the lock soon.:D
  13. I will also make a nine-digit combo lock, this one which actually works. You have to have the right combination of levers all on at the same time for it to work.
  14. Username: Cypher3c

Server: SMP4

Lot # (or Wild): 8206

status (complete / not complete): DONE!

Location on Lot, if Necessary: turn right after spawn, it's the big freestanding building made of wood

Function (What does your machine do?): I call it: Battlecraft. It's a two player competitive game where you shoot dirt blocks from dispensers above you at your opponents pressure pads in front of him while using your blockers to stop him/her from doing the same. The loser gets dunked in water :p.

The big challenge was getting a bazillion pairs of redstone wiring for each station to run in a very tiny space while hiding as much of it as possible.

For fun, some screenies: UPDATED!

PThagaard likes this.
  15. hehehe i farted
    gtabmx likes this.
  16. Levers :D Cant make with buttons?
  17. So with, i quote, "Locks are very easy to make" what about we make it a little harder? Just to spice things up a little :cool:

Make a 4 digit combination lock without pistons.
    No levers - only buttons.
    The system must be expandable into 5,6,7,.....40 digit lock if needed.
    The system must auto reset itself on wrong digit (and you'll need to start over) .
    The buttons must be far away from the system and must be placed besides each other like this: .

Let me know if your up for it :D
  18. Username : Zabriel
    Server : SMP 3
    Lot # : 6046
    Location on lot : Located at basement 1 of my residence (B1F). There are also signs for direction
    Function : A mini 12 x 5 pixel T.V displaying a random short film for meaningless fun.
  19. Actually I am not up for it. I am too busy making a redstone rock-paper-scissors machine.
  20. yeah i really wanted to make a machine but i need those so i can finish it fireballs i mean