1.2.3 Lag

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by JustinGuy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Well maybe that's the secret intention of the game's inbuilt glitches that appear to silently slaughter flocks/herds of animals? :p

I did notice when harveting my wheat the other night (not too much, honest!) that it was much less laggy. Normally I release about 1 field (7 blocks) of water and then stop it. I go to the end of the farm and replant from the bottom to the top. The wheat/seeds are usually scattered all over the fileds and I pick them up as I plant.

On Wednesday I noticed that even with the small amount of water released, all the wheat was waiting at the bottom in large stacks. I guess clumping the drops like this saves a pile of network traffic, and presumed that it was tweaking you had done. Great work!
  2. Dreacon, It does that because it doesn't unload chunks, I always noticed this when I walked down my 10k Long Mineshaft, I would have to restart or I would be running out of memory.
    JustinGuy likes this.
  3. Java is easy to create memory leaks in :)
  4. Continue from my last post. Does that account for the increased lag? As the server is having to process more loaded chunks?
  5. So basically with that function you are going to have to restart the client if you go out to try to find a nice out of the way spot no one else has been to in order to make a mine or anything to keep it somewhat safe.... ugh :eek::mad::confused:
  6. Another way to decrease lag (client side) is placing less signs and not using signs with randomized text. QubeTubers admin did a test and put 1k sign in a flat creative. She let in people with 400fps running and they all dropped to about 20-40 fps. This is due to the text being rendered way before it is even seen, which is both a waste and unnessecary load on the client when rendering the world.
  7. Yup it is why the empire store and tutorial (one is ontop of the other) is slow
  8. he just released secret information!!
    *instaban activated* oh wait lul its justin :D
    *deactivate instaban*